www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon

Go down 
+2
Sam_Garland
silver40
6 posters

Have sponsors of events got too much power
too much power
Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_lcap93%Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_rcap
 93% [ 13 ]
about the right amount
Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_lcap0%Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
too little power
Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_lcap0%Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
don't care
Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_lcap7%Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
silver40

silver40

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-06-26

Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Empty
PostSubject: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 13:11

What do you all think of the All England club that confiscates a womens pots of yogurt when entering Wimbledon because it will offend the sponsors. Has sponsorship gained too much power when football stadiums are named after airlines.

I fear for the new Brighton Stadium(if it gets built) that it could be called The Durex Featherlite, Sony Platystation or something worse. No

Last edited by on Fri 07 Jul 2006, 13:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 13:15

Sports are becoming too commercial... they're like 90 minute adverts. I'm surprised they didn't get the England team to sing the 'I'm lovin' it' theme rather than the national anthem.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 13:18

The amount power big businesses wield is scary and has a massive say over not only small issues like this but even at the level of national government and global policies.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 13:32

Sam_Garland wrote:
Sports are becoming too commercial... they're like 90 minute adverts. I'm surprised they didn't get the England team to sing the 'I'm lovin' it' theme rather than the national anthem.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
silver40

silver40

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 13:57

steerpyke wrote:
The amount power big businesses wield is scary and has a massive say over not only small issues like this but even at the level of national government and global policies.

I totally agree pirat
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 17:23

I would hide my yoghurt as I entered and then flaunt it.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptySat 08 Jul 2006, 00:18

I cant vote here as none of them really apply, I think it is a case of some staff member creating a rule that doesn't exist. It's like the old "health and Safety Reasons" that gets trotted out everywhere these days

( I have read this and assumed Wimbledon Lawn Tennis club do not have a ban on food...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
jayne30165

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptySat 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

confused
I've not seen this yoghurt story, but I went to Wimbledon last week and had no problems with taking food/drink in. We had lots of stuff in our bags - alcohol, water, sweets etc - and were allowed in. I saw plenty of others who had taken their own food - Ainsley Harriot was sat behind us and his kids were eating Marks + Spencer crisps and cookies. (Although I have to say that listening to kids eat crisps when it's a crucial tie-break point is bloody irritating!)
Back to top Go down
silver40

silver40

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptySat 08 Jul 2006, 20:26

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I would hide my yoghurt as I entered and then flaunt it.

Yoghurt flaunting is a capital offence. lol!
Back to top Go down
silver40

silver40

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptySat 08 Jul 2006, 20:29

helencbradshaw wrote:
I cant vote here as none of them really apply, I think it is a case of some staff member creating a rule that doesn't exist. It's like the old "health and Safety Reasons" that gets trotted out everywhere these days

( I have read this and assumed Wimbledon Lawn Tennis club do not have a ban on food...)

Apparently it's a ban on logos as Hagan Das have the ice cream contract. A tub can be £2-£5. You may be right that it's a touch of the jobsworth. bounce
Back to top Go down
silver40

silver40

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon EmptySat 08 Jul 2006, 20:31

jayne30165 wrote:
confused
I've not seen this yoghurt story, but I went to Wimbledon last week and had no problems with taking food/drink in. We had lots of stuff in our bags - alcohol, water, sweets etc - and were allowed in. I saw plenty of others who had taken their own food - Ainsley Harriot was sat behind us and his kids were eating Marks + Spencer crisps and cookies. (Although I have to say that listening to kids eat crisps when it's a crucial tie-break point is bloody irritating!)

That's interesting although it may be that the logo was prominent and Hagan Das who have the ice cream contract have made their own rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon   Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon Empty

Back to top Go down

Pot of Yogurt confiscated at Wimbledon
Page 1 of 1