www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. Empty
PostSubject: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyTue 29 Aug 2006, 22:13

I noticed today on going through the archives that copied reviews from yesterday have already been removed. That really is an improvement on the norm.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyTue 29 Aug 2006, 22:22

I reported one yesterday on DIY playdough (I hope Im allowed to mention it as it's been deleted) and it has already gone.

I think it's essential that deletions are done quickly or cheats have time to change their reviews before Ciao gets to them.

I know some people seem to think it's OK to change a review after you've posted a copy but to me it's no less cheating if you cover it up afterwards.

I'm zero-tollerant on plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyTue 29 Aug 2006, 23:01

I think all members of opinion sites should have that attitude, and report what they find as a copy rather than just jumping on the bandwagon and assuming that sites like ciao know they are copies from the ratings.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyWed 30 Aug 2006, 09:08

The thing which really astonishes me is that people can read a review with a whole slew of NH ratings and not go to the comments to find out why. I know there's an argument that says you shouldn't be influenced by other people's ratings BUT you should be suspicious if they are unusually bad.

I've recently stopped writing COPIED all over the comments and just gone straight for reporting the cheats instead. It's one way to avoid the retaliation but it's not so satisfying!

Yes, I am an evil bear!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyWed 30 Aug 2006, 09:22

The problem with that is that you may be letting a cheat get away with it because many members do not check. If you google and find its a copy, then pasting the link before reporting is proof to other members and to ciao, then report to back it up.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyWed 30 Aug 2006, 21:07

yes, but when ciao remove it, they lose all the points and rates, don't they?

I got wary after someone got really nasty with me when I pointed out that they'd copied most of their hotel review straight from a hotel website (how do they think they'll get away with it? Nobody but a professional hotel cliche copy-writer describes things as 'exquisitely appointed luxury suites' do they?

I spotted it on a Saturday and by the time the ciao folk were at work on Monday, the review was down to about 30% copied instead of the original 90% and there were shirty messages about me flying around.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyWed 30 Aug 2006, 22:06

koshkha wrote:
.......Nobody but a professional hotel cliche copy-writer describes things as 'exquisitely appointed luxury suites' do they?.

I would, but then I would, wouldn't I!

I understand your point though, I once rated a blatantly copied review from someone in the in crowd as NH as it was verbatim from wikipedia or something. The amount of members on line friends who left an E afterwards was amazing. And it happens a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. EmptyWed 30 Aug 2006, 22:20

hcb, I agree - are people completely blind?

I know there's an ethical issue that says 'I shouldn't look at the rates because it might influence what I give' but SURELY a reader should notice a string of NH ratings and wonder why? But it seems not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.   QUICK DELETION OF COPIES. Empty

Back to top Go down

QUICK DELETION OF COPIES.
Page 1 of 1