www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This newbie needs help

Go down 
+4
WendyBull
butters
Thingywhatsit
rocknroll
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rocknroll

rocknroll

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2006-08-04

This newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:08

I'll get straight to it - Reviews in Speakers Corner -

I've just read 'Do you have any bad habits' - how do you rate that?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:10

Someone obviously added the category. Personally I don't want to know about someone's bad habits so will not read it.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
rocknroll

rocknroll

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:14

Thats fair enough and I'll probably do the same going forward but how useful are they to dooyoo or is it just the potential hits they might get?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:15

People argue that any review on the site is a potential hit. How could I rate that with how useful it is to me with honesty ? It is of no use whatsoever to me at all.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll

rocknroll

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:20

I totally agree, you would think Dooyoo would disable the rating buttons on subjects like this. I dont mean on all speakers corner subjects but just the really daft ones.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:20

Why are stupid subjects still getting through. I dont care about how the Media Treat Tom Cruise, as do i not care if other people have bad habits. Its their bad habits and i dont care. Disabling the rate button is a good idea. But they're spolingthe site so just ban them
Back to top Go down
rocknroll

rocknroll

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:30

I'm with you, maybe some people like to read them and thats why dooyoo accepts them - cant see what use they are though
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:36

But dooyoo is a consumer site. It may have a place on ciao somewhere but they aggravate me on dooyoo. I doubt anybody wants to read why someone they dont know likes this celebrity. I mean-who would want to know a strangers bad habits? It's pointless and if i read i skim read very fast and will no dount nly read when bored or if they have read a previous review of mine.

Basically there is no use on dooyoo and i can see more of them coming with none-members. I think that if you ever suggest something there should be a tab on your homepage (where your details are) so people can see who has suggested what. It may seem a bit mean but they might stop if everyone knows that so-and-so has suggested half the speakers corner
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 21:48

I have just posted a question about this on the guide page actually. I was under the impression only sensible suggestions were being added so I will let you know what is said.

I personally think the Tom Cruise one is slightly more interesting but the bad habits things is just ridiculous!

As far as rating them though you have to be careful becasue if the writer has fulfilled the criteria of the category it surely has to be useful at least?
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
rocknroll

rocknroll

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 22:05

I read one of the Tom Cruise reviews and it was quite interesting so wouldn't disagree with you there.

I did rate a VU on the habits one because the author had reviewed correctly based on the subject - agreed the bad habits one seems ridiculous
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 22:20

If i cared about Tom Cruise i would have my own oinion and wouldnt feel the need to share it-it has no consumer value. Plus i'm nt a fan of him
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 22:21

Quote :
As far as rating them though you have to be careful becasue if the writer has fulfilled the criteria of the category it surely has to be useful at least?

Or somewhat helpful if on topic. Though the choice to read or not to read is still an option.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 22:25

I haven't bothered with Speakers Corner in ions, not that I bothered before.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 22:56

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Quote :

Or somewhat helpful if on topic. Though the choice to read or not to read is still an option.

very true!
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 23:06

If the idea of the category means that it will be of no use to you then why read it. Having said that I'm sure that amongst all of the dross there will be the occasional entertaining read.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 23:38

I only read some-and ignore most. BUT i think dooyoo should be left as a consumer site and when looking down the list i dont want to see 10 none-consumer reviews before i find a consumer one. I particuarly like some of the 'embarrasing moments' ones for a laugh but i dont think they have a place on the site
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyThu 07 Sep 2006, 00:44

I am not reading any of these.

it is disappointing that Dooyoo has added them. I look forward to the feedback from Dooyoo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptyFri 08 Sep 2006, 00:56

You wouldn't catch me writing about my embarrassing moments even if it meant getting 50 reads at 3p each! My embarrassment is worth far more than that Razz
Back to top Go down
rocknroll

rocknroll

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptySat 09 Sep 2006, 00:03

millieroy wrote:
You wouldn't catch me writing about my embarrassing moments even if it meant getting 50 reads at 3p each! My embarrassment is worth far more than that Razz

Now you got us all wondering what they might be
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help EmptySat 09 Sep 2006, 20:05

rocknroll wrote:
millieroy wrote:

Now you got us all wondering what they might be

Thatd be one to read now Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This newbie needs help   This newbie needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

This newbie needs help
Page 1 of 1