www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. Empty
PostSubject: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. EmptySun 12 Feb 2006, 23:50

Many members that have joined have never used forums before, and this is to help them. When you get onto the main page, press the subject on the left hand side and it takes you into many threads that are part of that subject. This is the best way in because otherwise you miss a lot of what is going on. Read the thread, press POST REPLY and add your bit. Do not be shy. This board represents everyone who is a member and that includes you. Having finished with that thread, tap to get the browser to go back and you will see the list of threads on that subject again.

A few people have got lost. My advice to them if they do is to tap the word Forum on the top because that takes you back to the front page again.

If anyone needs help, message someone online by tapping their name at the bottom of the screen when they are online and 'Private Message' them and anyone will be glad to help. Other than this, put a message on this thread and we will try and help you find your way.

What is refreshing is to have members that are not used to forums because they give fresh ideas all the time, and are very very welcome.

Last edited by on Sat 04 Mar 2006, 15:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 10:58

For those that are new to this kind of site, there is a button that is very helpful at the top of the forum which lists all the subjects posted since your last visit. When you have read all you want to read on one visit, there is also a way to mark all threads read so that next time you come back and press the "list subjects posted since last visit" the ones you have marked do not come up. Also there is a handy feature we didn't have on the last forum, at the bottom, where you can jump from one forum into another.
Back to top Go down
Mum52

Mum52

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 19:10

Admin wrote:
A few people have got lost. My advice to them if they do is to tap the word Forum on the top because that takes you back to the front page again.
It works the same if you hit the site logo where, at the moment, it says "Le Forum".
Back to top Go down
ethyl

ethyl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. EmptyMon 05 May 2008, 18:58

HELP

When I answer someone I does not go in my out box, or save box. Where's it going? That's the only way I know that it's been sent!

I've given answers several times but can't figure out where the posting went. Help please.

ethel cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/405896
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. EmptyMon 05 May 2008, 19:00

Only private messages have an out box. When you post on the forum itself, just look for the topic you contributed to and see if anyone has replied.
Back to top Go down
ethyl

ethyl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. EmptyMon 05 May 2008, 20:06

Thanks for the quick response. I will be sending you an article for your review probably tomorrow morning. Have to put on a few added touches.

Helium doesn't seem to like dialogue. How to crack into that and keep the story moving is puzzling to me. I want to write a story that will keep the reader going past the first paragraph. That's a challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/405896
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.   INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE. Empty

Back to top Go down

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE SITE.
Page 1 of 1