www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ciao is making it hard work.

Go down 
+12
Ciao's Favourite Member
SaschaT
Essexgirl
atticusuk
lisa2062
Vax
susan1967
liz1102
koshkha
helencbradshaw
scream4bruce
Thingywhatsit
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SaschaT

SaschaT

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 14:19

To me it seems like they are either not willing or not able to fix these technical issues. Maybe all their manpower goes to creating pathetic giant ads about becoming rich and famous on ciao *cough*
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 14:06

Wish Ciao would get rid of its problems. Im getting itchy feet to move out of there completely!!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 16:14

I can't understand why they aren't sorting the problems out, as I feel that they'll lose members because of all the tech problems. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 20:10

Perhaps if they lose a few hundred members due to technical faults, they'll raise the per-click payments to more than half a penny!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 22:34

But if you look back at the summer when they accidentally zero'd everyone's accounts, had multiple breakdowns and generally ran a completely rubbish site, what happened? Loads of us defected to Dooyoo and a few months later, zillions of new white dots appear and fill the gap.

Why would they worry about members leaving - they show very little interest in incentivising anyone, let alone their longer-standing members, to stay?
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jan 2007, 19:01

Well it pays to complain - thats all Im saying; a reply came this morning after I sent a heated email threatening to leave and "no wonder members are moving to other review sites which are better run..." Here's the reply...

"...Hello,
Our technical department is still working on your problem. So thank you for contacting us again, the last news we heard about this matter was that it did work when our department runned tests, so we are still working on it. Just a little more patience please. Our apologies,

Kind regards,

Ciao UK..."

May well be an email of buttering me up but I hope they get the problems sorted - have pointed out that its not just me who are having problems but I also get the distinct feeling that not many people have emailed the feedback department so get emailing (fi you haven't already!)!
Back to top Go down
eljimbob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jan 2007, 22:31

The problems are mad, I just logged in my DooYoo account for the first time in years and that site runs relativly smoothly, even when the page hasn't loaded up fully you can click on link and it will work straight off and it has a more fussy layout, more info on page, etc.

It has to be connected with those darn ads, do we really need two ads on a page, especially those ones at the side, what sites have those these days.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jan 2007, 22:52

Problem with advertisements? Use a HOSTS file.
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 19:08

Now Ive just found a NEW PROBLEM. Out of the 13 alerts Ive received, none of them are appearing in the Member Search function of Ciao's newly renamed "Member Centre." Of course Ive emailed Ciao about this just now but Ive also included the names of Ciao members from my COT in my public guestbook incase others can't get to their names. Its B.infuritating.. having to either go through a link from the email to find the member, login there and have plenty of other windows each time an alert appears OR having to copy and paste the member's name and code OR having to go into the COT and finding the member's name OR going into past reviews to bring up a name!!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 19:12

Why would you need the member search feature if you have alerts. They take you directly into a members review.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Vax

Vax

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Feb 2007, 21:18

Because on a laptop the amount of windows are always limited whenever im online and whyshould I have to open another window?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Feb 2007, 22:37

You could counter that problem by having pop mail directly into outlook express.
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Feb 2007, 18:54

No..I dont use outlook express on the account I have three email addresses; this is what happened the last time around when I had outlook and was writing reviews for three different companies- Outlook just couldnt handle the amount of reviews I was receiving as alerts every day!! Oh to be popular but it wasnt a question of that at all. So much easier just to go to a direct email address without the hassle of Outlook regardless of whether it looks up pop mail and collects it.
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Feb 2007, 19:59

In the newest Internet Explorer and in Firefox you can browse in Tabs, rather than opening a new window for everything. Makes life much easier when you've only got limited space on the screen or a slow running machine
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Feb 2007, 21:25

The site is going from bad to worse! Reviews keep vanishing from the platform only to reappear again as do ratings and comments. I then get told that out of 2 people, 4 rated my review VH, and even though maths was never my strong point I know that, that doesn't make sense. Also people are submitting reviews and only part of it is showing up. what on earth is going on? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2007, 13:49

Grrrrrrrr this has been going on for weeks and it's the worst technical hassle I've had since joining the site. There have been days where things have gone badly and even a week or so with hiccups but this has been going on for well over a month now. Does anyone have any ideas why they haven't managed to resolve it yet? Have they finally got to a stage where they can't cope with the site anymore? affraid
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2007, 14:32

yes..it was very hiccupy from Mid November actually.....disappearing stuf, and nothing is getting better but my 20 minutes on their yesterday was dreadful...

I am never going to go silver at this rate...Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2007, 22:17

I'll be going silver at this rate! Erm rather should I say my hair is anyway! Mad
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Feb 2007, 23:50

Ha !! silvers the best colour on the site. Its better than the horrible poo colour.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:07

You know, there has been quite a lot of bad things said of Ciao recently, so I thought I'd say something positive for a change. When I went to log in today, the log in page downloaded pretty fast. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 19:49

Ooooooh this can't be good...is it me or am I the only one who has NOT encountered a single problem with Ciao today !!! That can't be right...can it ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ciao is making it hard work.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2