www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)

Go down 
+17
anonymili
aoife74
Essexgirl
belfin
Thingywhatsit
Mauri
berlioz
marandina
jo145
Stunt_101
Paul99ine
koshkha
susie19
atticusuk
arnoldhenryrufus
liz1102
Jared
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) Empty
PostSubject: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 13:04

Hi guys. You might be wondering a couple of things. First off, you might be wondering what's going on with the site right now.
To answer that one, all I can say is not much has changed since yesterday. We're still sorting out the server switch (which really means we're getting the new server to start behaving like our old one) and that's caused much more complication (and heartache) than was expected. Thanks a lot for being patient with us.
On a related note please don't worry about your reviews, miles, or rates until I've officially announced we're back on track. If you are being rated poorly because the opinion isn't populating we (I) can easily fix that just like any other problem.

You might also wonder what's going on with those suggestions. It turns out there WAS a bit of complication involved with them. We're sorting it out as fast as we can as this is one of the areas that is giving us a problem at the moment. (Yesterday about 1500 suggestions were "resubmitted" by the new server, something I definitely think qualifies as a problem). This does mean that I have to break my promise of getting everyone's suggestions up on the site by today as due to the drama that's become impossible. Really sorry about that but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the situation.

So. I just wanted to be candid with you guys and make sure you knew what was going on. There's a LOT going on over here at dooyoo and I wanted to let you know we're doing our best to get it fixed. At the very least, we'll know how to avoid this kind of mayhem in the future.
Thanks for understanding and for being patient.
-jared
"That guy from dooyoo"
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 13:20

thanks for the update Smile
Back to top Go down
arnoldhenryrufus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 14:30

Thank you for keeping us updated, I did wonder what was going on today as all I was getting was blank screens for each review I tried to look at - lyn x
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 14:38

I think you should stay at your desk until it is fixed.
Back to top Go down
susie19

susie19

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 14:40

Are you cracking the whip Atticus? cherry
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 16:55

That Jared seems a real sweetheart.

Regarding the 'Server switch' is that the one for performing the essential IT operation?
The 'switch it off and switch it on again' switch?
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 17:21

koshkha wrote:

Regarding the 'Server switch' is that the one for performing the essential IT operation?

Very tongue in cheek comment. Smile

.....I mean.....it was tongue in cheek, wasn't it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 20:09

I think Dooyoo is back up as reviews that are posted now can actually be read.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 21:09

Paul99ine wrote:
koshkha wrote:

Was which bit tongue in cheek? The bit about Jared was serious, the bit about the switch was a joke.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2007, 23:06

koshkha wrote:
Paul99ine wrote:
koshkha wrote:

Was which bit tongue in cheek? The bit about Jared was serious, the bit about the switch was a joke.

Uhuh.....Gosh....I didn't think anyone would've thought otherwise. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jo145

jo145

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 00:34

Lets hope things get sorted out soon. But thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 11:32

Seems to be back on track now.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 11:44

So it would appear. I'm still checking everything out (and letting other folks know what's up)...but it does look positive so far.
On a related note, the suggestion situation is going to be delayed as, now that the dust has cleared, it seems there are currently well over 200 VALID suggestions that have been hiding and need to be dealt with.
On the plus side, now I know where they all have been hiding, which answers some questions.
On the down side, now I have to submit them all. O_O
-jared
"currently assigned to post-catastrophic server decontamination"
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 12:43

CATPCSD...... Shocked
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 12:43

3 of those suggestions are mine (hopefully).

Do get a wiggle on, Jared Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
arnoldhenryrufus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 13:27

I still cannot read a lot of peoples reviews, still getting a blank page from both yesterdays and the 19th alerts. Some work but all the 19th don't and some of the 20th dont
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 13:29

I agree, Lyn. Some of the latest ops are still showing as blank reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 13:31

Same here....
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 13:34

Hmmm, yes, I wonder whether those reviews posted during the "blackout" time are still in existence at all, or have they just disappeared into cyberspace (the same as comments)? Cause that would suck for those who spent time on their reviews only to have them disappear entirely.
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 14:19

arnoldhenryrufus wrote:
I still cannot read a lot of peoples reviews, still getting a blank page from both yesterdays and the 19th alerts. Some work but all the 19th don't and some of the 20th dont

There doesn't seem to be any logic to it. I can read some form today, 20th and the 19th but not all...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 14:23

Same here. Half are there, half are not.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Jared

Jared

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 14:37

A quick word:

The dust is still clearing. It IS clear that the very latest reviews are populating as blank, just as the others that occurred yesterday. We're trying to find out what changed (and was changed again and then back yet again) but right now all I can say is that the issue is still happening.
At this very moment.

Sorry for the confusion...all I can say is we're racing to sort out everything and the inability to post on the site does have priority. I mean, it would have to....wouldn't it?
-jared
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 14:48

So any idea whether those blank reviews actually have any content at all (like you just can't see it) or whether they really are just blank?
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 15:06

I think it's only the Lipotrim ones that were blank anyway although it could be a good scam for those awful reviews to get loads of people to view them and get their 3p's.

I thought that it was back working and posted one this morning only then to be told that it wasn't there. I have been told by another reviewer that she re-posted hers and it came up but I've tried that and nothing has happened. What annoys me is when people rate them down. I mean is it not obvious that there is something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2007, 15:57

belfin wrote:
I think it's only the Lipotrim ones that were blank anyway although it could be a good scam for those awful reviews to get loads of people to view them and get their 3p's.

I thought that it was back working and posted one this morning only then to be told that it wasn't there. I have been told by another reviewer that she re-posted hers and it came up but I've tried that and nothing has happened. What annoys me is when people rate them down. I mean is it not obvious that there is something wrong.

I find it funny that some people rate the blank reviews SU!!! What's that about... Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)   A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy) Empty

Back to top Go down

A message from Jared (that dooyoo guy)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next