www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I made the front page!

Go down 
+3
Thingywhatsit
steerpyke
TheChocolateLady
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheChocolateLady

TheChocolateLady

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-12-17

I made the front page! Empty
PostSubject: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptySun 25 Feb 2007, 16:20

This is so cool! I'm totally shocked!

($0.15 and counting!!!)
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptySun 25 Feb 2007, 17:54

thats brilliant, should make a difference to the cash. In fact i think th way to make this site work for you is aim for front page standard as they seem to need a lot of articles because of the one day rotation so anything well written has a good chance of getting posted there. I just had a games review up and it made around $1.50. A few of those a month on top of everything else and it could be a nice little earner.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptySun 25 Feb 2007, 18:10

Well done you !!
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Persephone

Persephone

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptySun 25 Feb 2007, 19:06

Congrats chocolate! I support anything chocolate.

I think they should do a writer feature every once in while where one writer gets the entire front page for the day lol. Though writer does need to have written in a variety of topics. But it would be super for boosting confidence and earnings.

ah well. dream big i always say. It will be my epitaph.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sephsworld
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptySun 25 Feb 2007, 19:12

thats quite a good idea, or instead of taking over the whole of the front page just have a featured writer link on it with just a picture and name and then it could lead to all of your work. A bit like they do on Ciao only with a more prominent placement. Rach...are you listening to this...have a word .
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 12:31

well done Davida!
Back to top Go down
TheChocolateLady

TheChocolateLady

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 13:25

steerpyke wrote:
thats quite a good idea, or instead of taking over the whole of the front page just have a featured writer link on it with just a picture and name and then it could lead to all of your work. A bit like they do on Ciao only with a more prominent placement. Rach...are you listening to this...have a word .

Very good idea. If you don't suggest it on their boards, then I will.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 15:36

Rachel has a private phone to the head of the corporation, I'll message her and let her use her clout.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 15:50

Working on it !
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 19:00

gosh didnt realise this idea would make such a stir! Glad you guys think it's a good one.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 19:54

I disagree with this idea. I think the front page is a much better place for the wide variety of subjects and writers involved.

In fact, I'd go so far as to add more to it in terms of the number of writers.

With the amount of excellent articles on the site written by many, many members, it should be possible to give plenty of people a go in the spotlight. Reducing the number or singling out a minority for special praise or reward is just asking for trouble IMO.

Isn't the site about the work rather than the authors?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 20:13

I don;t think a whole front page should be devoted to one writer, but I would like it recognise quality writers. That's not quite the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 20:19

Isn't that what the front page does already to a certain extent?
Admittedly, many more are overlooked than are rewarded, but still...
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 20:27

In regards to front page writer, I did forget to mention that it could be something that could happen as a result of one of their competitions. I apologize that I posted before I finished my own thought process for the idea itself. It is an idea only and I have put it forth to Helium to consider. You can all disagree or agree as much as you like. If I think the idea has merit then I will follow it forward.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 21:04

So what's the merit in singling out one member amongst the many, many excellent writers currently on Helium?
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 22:26

You are misunderstanding the idea. Not singling out anyone, it is an idea as a prize for one of the many competitions they do. A prize for the writer to have a variety of their work on the front page instead of just one article which is easily overlooked.

It is an idea only. Sorry that you seem to have such an issue with it. Was not my intention to make you so upset.
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 22:34

I like the idea! There are a lot of good writters on helium and there are alot that aren't. Plus its a new front page everyday. So it wouldn't take that long to highlight the best writers. Even if they did a couple a day that would be cool too.
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 22:37

Oh chocolate lady..... Congrats on the 1st page honor. That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2007, 23:47

Persephone wrote:
You are misunderstanding the idea. Not singling out anyone, it is an idea as a prize for one of the many competitions they do. A prize for the writer to have a variety of their work on the front page instead of just one article which is easily overlooked.

It is an idea only. Sorry that you seem to have such an issue with it. Was not my intention to make you so upset.

Who's upset? I just thought that the idea of singling out a writer for yet more recognition flies in the face of the ethos of the site where it's the work, not the author that's important and where there's plenty of top quality work to continue to keep the front page full for ages.

Maybe they'd be better getting the site in shape rather than running their "many" competitions.
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2007, 01:48

Hey writers, this is the feedback I got back from Helium in regards to that front page prize idea for a competition:
------
Great idea. We will soon be starting a new contest. We’ll include this idea as part of it.

Andrew
------------

So I hope you all will be sharpening your fingers up for it!!! They may or may not accept the idea but at least it shows that they are interested in listening to our brainstorms. As we know it's not picture perfect but neither is anything else. But if we keep hounding them with constructive ideas then they have no choice but to listen and take them into account. A few writer-suggested changes have happened so kudos to everyone who emails them on a daily basis lol!

And kudos to the Chocolate lady lol!
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2007, 03:07

I did not realize that helium had contests. What part of the forum do they list those?
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2007, 03:21

I think they will be in either writer's workshop or news you can use or perhaps in the helium newsletter they send out every once in a while lol. Not sure, this will be my first experience of a contest so will be able to see how they approach it. lol Then we can make suggestions after lol cheeky me... just keep checking in I guess dream! Not sure but i think the one they did last year was during the summer so perhaps they are waiting till summer again. Anyway, keep writing girl!
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2007, 04:52

Will do Smile I am really enjoying writting. Now thats honestly something I never thought I'd say. Its a passion that just started one day. And I love it.
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyWed 28 Feb 2007, 19:32

CONGRATS TO THINGY ON HER CHOLESTERAL FRONT PAGE LOL TODAY
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! EmptyWed 28 Feb 2007, 19:39

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!   I made the front page! Empty

Back to top Go down

I made the front page!
Page 1 of 1