www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. Empty
PostSubject: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptySat 10 Mar 2007, 11:45

It was mentioned on another thread that a member needed help developing as a writer and I thought with the wealth of experience we have here on the site others may be able to help.

If you have problems developing articles and have specific areas you would like to write in, give us your basic ideas and let us try and help develope them.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dream-girl

dream-girl

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 02:51

I'm trying to learn what Associated Press style writing is. If I copy something here can ya help me see how it needs changed to be AP style?
I'm trying to understand what I have read online but just can't seem to get it yet. Gonna go to the library this week and try to find some books or a guide or something.
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

Number of posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptySun 22 Apr 2007, 18:06

Hey Dream, did you ever figure this one out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sephsworld
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptySun 22 Apr 2007, 18:25

Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyMon 23 Apr 2007, 06:29

Been reading everything I can find on it. I hope I'm getting it.

Ciao thank you I have been searching google for information.
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyMon 23 Apr 2007, 06:40

Could someone give me some input on this article? I was going to send it to helium for critiquing but since its a contest article I would rather prefer to leapfrog it now in hopes of ranking a little better.

I don't know what is wrong with it and maybe if someone where kind enough to read it and give some input I could improve it........?

Here is the link: ANSWERED

This is the first time I have used paragraph headers did that hurt my rankings somehow?

I know something must be wrong with it as it started out 3-3 and is now 4-4. I'm guessing it totally sucks and I just can't see it.

If I'm not allowed to post the link here then I apologize and will not be offended if it gets deleted.
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyMon 23 Apr 2007, 07:53

Having never done yoga, I find your article very simple and instructive really without being too over detailed or getting lost in thought (oh like many of mine do...Smile ) I think it is fine and ratings will change really up to the minute. I have noticed that a few of mine from last week jumped in position a few days after the contest ended. So there is still a chance for your article to do well whether in the contest or afterwards.

Best of luck this round.

seph
Back to top Go down
thebluehippo

thebluehippo

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyMon 23 Apr 2007, 16:21

I quite liked the layout of the article, the title followed by paragraph I think is quite a good method of keeping the reader interested as it's easier to read.
I felt you covered the content of the topic quite well, maybe you could talk about the comfort/cleanliness in the 'place to workout'
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyTue 24 Apr 2007, 00:10

Thank you both I really appreciate you taking the time to look at that for me and telling me what you think.

I have reread it and watched it today and it seems that the rating on that topic has stopped unless someone adds something new. I think maybe I will revise the first sentence a little and add some more information I found.

I do not copy anything but try to learn and enhance what I already know. However I am guessing that since I did have to search for some information I should put the link to the place in which I learned this little bit of additional information. It was more I knew about but had never used somethings so I looked to see what the purpose was for incorporating those things.

I have edited it and it is ready to leapfrog I just need to know whether to include the link in which I enhanced my knowledge a bit. At the moment I have it tagged at the bottom...... Like this: Other source of information used:

Is that correct? Nothing is copied I read it to see if I could learn more and then clicked out of it and enhanced my original knowledge with the new knowledge I acquired. I then clicked back on to make sure that nothing was stated in the same way. (does that make sense?) Is that a good thing to do or a bad thing to do?

It fits well and is in my own simplified way of explaining things as I cannot stand to read regurgetated (sp?) information and thus would never want to in that way.

I think I am just confused about when to include a link and when not to include a link.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyTue 24 Apr 2007, 20:05

Having a link won't harm your review at all.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyTue 24 Apr 2007, 20:22

Thank you! I would much rather include it and be safe then to exclude it and do something wrong somehow.

Thanks thingy.
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyTue 24 Apr 2007, 22:43

Really stupid mistake!

I did the leapfrog and screwed up the 1st sentence it totally doesn't make sense because of an extra "you can" I have no idea how I threw that in or why even. I was so interested in the bottom of the article and then messed up the beginning. Grrrrrrr

Oh well! Live and learn! Smile
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyTue 24 Apr 2007, 23:45

lmao ooooh dream, I have done the same thing. It hurts when you shoot yourself in the foot. I forgot to delete a comma in my first sentence lol and now it just looks weird.

Have done enough learning and would like to start living now hmm?
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 05:18

LOL I sooo agree!!!!
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 05:25

I meant to say I forgot to delete a comma in one of my articles lol

god I am getting forgetful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.   A learning thread. Members help others with ideas. Empty

Back to top Go down

A learning thread. Members help others with ideas.
Page 1 of 1