www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deletion of your work from Helium

Go down 
+5
helencbradshaw
Thingywhatsit
Persephone
steerpyke
Ciao's Favourite Member
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Helium be more accomodating to those that wish to have their work deleted?
Yes - without question
Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_lcap69%Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 69% [ 11 ]
Yes - under certain circumstances (please explain)
Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
No
Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Other
Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided - it's a grey area
Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jul 2007, 17:39

Which I kinda disagree with... Unless the "revenge rating" thing is so bad that they have to implement it, which probably says more about the people that frequent Ciao than it does about Ciao itself.
Back to top Go down
ethyl

ethyl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Blue Stars on Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Jul 2008, 01:56

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Helium. They keep referring me to the instruction page but I don't quite understand.

Question: At one time I had two blue stars then it went to one now I have none. I've written up to 20 articles so far. I read where you get one blue star beginning writing at 4 or more. Can anyone out there give me an answer? Thanks.

ethel
www.helium.com/users/405876
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/405896
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Jul 2008, 08:48

You cannot have your work deleted from Helium. However if you want those stars back, you can write to mentors@helium.com and they will help you to develop your articles and get those stars back.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
ethyl

ethyl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Jul 2008, 01:56

I don't want my articles deleted, I just don't understand why my one blue star is gone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/405896
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Jul 2008, 08:15

Your blue star will disappear if too many of your articles drop beneath the center of rating. Look at all articles below this point and leapfrog them, making them better and the star will come back.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jul 2008, 23:53

Slightly different I know buy Facebook have run into trouble with making it difficult for people to remove their details from the site and deleting their info from all the applicatios and the like, they have ben instructed by the authorities to make it easier or face the consequences, so surely a similar argument can be applied to a writing site where a member wants their details and work removed.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 16:17

I know that there's something tied in to the UK data protection act that means sites based in the UK (or something... I'm not sure of the exact details) have to scrub your details if requested.

I don't know if that applies if you are a UK citizen on a US-based website, though I'd doubt it. However, it does mean that sites such as Ciao and Dooyoo DO have to scrub all of your details (inc. reviews) if requested.

Quoting law shouldn't be necessary though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deletion of your work from Helium   Deletion of your work from Helium - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deletion of your work from Helium
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2