www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DEBATES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

DEBATES Empty
PostSubject: DEBATES   DEBATES EmptyWed 13 Jun 2007, 13:34

What would you, as members, like to see in the debate section ? I know this is on the site as well, but just wondered what members here consider to be worthy of debate, since the site is very American, and there are certainly loads of items that could add value to the site from other perspectives
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Essexgirl

Essexgirl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-11-10

DEBATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATES   DEBATES EmptyTue 03 Jul 2007, 18:40

I would like to not see a debate section!

I'd rather see a debate within a review and a well thought out conclusion at the end, rather then read two opposing reviews - but I am probably being picky!

Rating the debate section is frustrating as I either skip a section because it is not of interest to me, or I end up randomly picking one side of an argument when I would rather read both.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

DEBATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATES   DEBATES EmptySat 07 Jul 2007, 20:22

Ditto. I dislike the way Helium tries to force me down one road by taking sides in a particular debate. I don't want that. If I'm interested in a specific subject matter, then I want to know both sides to the story and I want to be able to rate both points of view.

I've decided not to even vote during the rating process as I'm allowed to skip, but mainly because I don't get paid for my views.

Don't get me wrong... having a bit of the site for debates is a good idea, I think. I just think (again) that Helium's implementation of it is shoddy and not half as effective as it could be.
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

DEBATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATES   DEBATES EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 15:57

Oh I think its a great idea, and Ive taken part in a few already. Debating is healthy and the way in which Helium has implemented allows you the writer, to put your view across allows you to put your view point across. It does not however allow writers to stand above others in an arrogant kind of a way to show they know best. Im all for it!
Back to top Go down
DCMerkle

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-16

DEBATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATES   DEBATES EmptySun 22 Jul 2007, 07:00

Essexgirl wrote:
I would like to not see a debate section!

I'd rather see a debate within a review and a well thought out conclusion at the end, rather then read two opposing reviews - but I am probably being picky!

Rating the debate section is frustrating as I either skip a section because it is not of interest to me, or I end up randomly picking one side of an argument when I would rather read both.

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Ditto. I dislike the way Helium tries to force me down one road by taking sides in a particular debate. I don't want that. If I'm interested in a specific subject matter, then I want to know both sides to the story and I want to be able to rate both points of view.

I've decided not to even vote during the rating process as I'm allowed to skip, but mainly because I don't get paid for my views.

Don't get me wrong... having a bit of the site for debates is a good idea, I think. I just think (again) that Helium's implementation of it is shoddy and not half as effective as it could be.

I have to agree with the two above. I do feel that I am being pushed one way or the other when I am being asked to vote for one side or the other. In some cases there is more than one opinion that could be offered, but there is no option to add the other POV.

I would go for a review of a debate or to bring in debates that have been suggested but have not been thrown into the pot at Helium. Yep...I have an ulterior motive for suggesting that... Cool

DCMerkle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DEBATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATES   DEBATES Empty

Back to top Go down

DEBATES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk :: REVIEW SITE TALK :: HELIUM-
Jump to: