www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! Empty
PostSubject: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyTue 19 Jun 2007, 17:44

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6172704.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

I don't think i've ever heard a game being banned before it's even released. This isn't surprising for me as it looked very adult. I'm not too upset about the ban as i haven't played the original, but fans of the original must be crushed.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 20:18

I made a topic in Current Affairs also to discuss why it shouldn't be :S

I'm devestated as a gamer, i would have picked it up on the wii since it looked interesting and i wanted to see what everything was about. It'll no doubt be released editted if the appeal doesn't work.

The only other game to ever be banned in the UK is Carmageddon which was then released after the company appealed the decision.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:08

Sorry didn't know this topic was already posted, i'll ask for this to be deleted
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:14

No don't, you posted it first i think Very Happy and they can discuss seperate issues. from the political point of view and from a gamers point of view. Besides i think i could delete this if i wanted.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:20

Ok then. I'm not too upset about the ban myself as i don't like stealth games that much (well except The Chronicles Of Riddick). The Wii version has actually been critersised most, as people are saying the motion controls make the game more 'realistic'.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:21

Which is what i was actually looking forward to. PPlus it would stop my Wii from rusting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:24

well you could go with the Resident Evil 4 update for the Wii
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:30

I have it for PS2 though and love it on that.I may pick it up on the Wii at a later date, but not at full price.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyFri 22 Jun 2007, 21:32

Well its not even out yet so it won't be getting cheap quickly.

Anyways we're going off topic here.
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 13:28

Read an earlier gamespot.com feature on Manhunt 2 and it sound like a pretty good game so on the basis of that, it is a pity that it has been banned.

I've played the original and its just another violent game to be honest - its stupid that they ban M2 out of the apparent 'motive' to do harm. Don't tell me people play GTA just so they can aimlessly drive around in a taxi for hours - you have to kill to make progress in the game.

I doubt it will be any worse than most '18' certificate films these days, but then games are for kids after all lol Wink
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!   Manhunt 2 banned in the UK! Empty

Back to top Go down

Manhunt 2 banned in the UK!
Page 1 of 1