www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which are the easiest reviews to write?

Go down 
+9
scream4bruce
lisa2062
Stunt_101
butters
berlioz
Ciao's Favourite Member
atticusuk
drewboy
duskmaiden
13 posters
AuthorMessage
duskmaiden

duskmaiden

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-10-27

Which are the easiest reviews to write? Empty
PostSubject: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 00:10

Which categories do you find easier to write than others? I find it easier to wrtie about a hotel or a service as it seems there is a logical order to the review, Plus ou know when you have had good oe bad service.

I tend to find the more basic a product is the more difficult it is to review. Something like bread would be a nightmare
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 00:27

It would only be difficult if you were trying to stick to a certain style of reviewing I would have thought.

A bread review should only really concentrate on the taste, texture, perhaps price and how long it lasts. Thats certainly all I would be looking for.

I always found Films easiest, but then I did have specific things I was looking for in a film so just wrote that. I stopped writing when I realised I had become formulaic.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 00:51

I find Books and travel the easiest or diving equipment as that is a hobby.

I struggle, and hence rarely attempt films and music and steer clear of all topics I know little about like cameras and computers.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 00:58

As long as I can easily identify what I look for in a product and whether the product matches my expectations in those areas, and I can tell others without spending three weeks figuring out the wording, I'll write on it.

I tend to avoid food/drink/cosmetics as they require the kind of stuff I find almost impossible to write on: taste, smell, texture, smell etc.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 01:55

Depends very much what I'm reviewing. Even within the same categories like music and films that I write most often in, sometimes it may take ages for me to get a review in a form I'm happy with, while at others 30 minutes may be enough to get the first proof ready.

It has so much to do what each individual product you are reviewing entails and is necessary to mention, while at others there are not so much requirements for over-excertion. A personal case in point could be a standard CD album that has around 30 minutes of music on it would not require that much getting into the real deep part of it apart from the music while something like the LOTR Complete Recordings with three jam-packed CDs, a DVD, a fancy packaging and complexities of the music itself, which is no longer a highlights release could need a lot more in depth exploration.

To me either of the above could be easy, though, but make me attempt write about a modern pop album and I may easily end up getting in a position that I didn't know what to say outside of "it all sounds the same". So as far as I see it, there are no easy reviews to write unless you have a suitable frame of mind to handle what you are reviewing.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 17:44

I find games easiest though ti really is what you're used to. I just play more games than watch movies etc. so i know exactly what i think needs to be put into a review. I suck though at writing food reviews, i have so many failed attempts at them saved on my laptop. I just am clueless at what to write.

I am not the best at books or movies but can cope, but it really is hat you're used to. I am sure if i wrote more food reviews i'd get better.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 17:53

Games are definately easiest for me to review as i play them constantly and review them most. Films i can do as well. Not so good at food.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptySat 21 Jul 2007, 21:42

For me the easiest reviews to write are on films and books, but even with them I struggle with at times and give up. The reason I find them easier to write is because I'm passionate about them. I probably will never do a food review though, mainly because I'd find it hard to describe the most important part which is smell and taste.
I think if you are well clued up on a subject whether its through reading highly rated reviews on that subject, or you just know the product well then the review comes easier. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyFri 27 Jul 2007, 01:04

Games for me as well, usually when you spend around 10 hours with them you should be able to see what is wrong (and right) about the game.

Everything else I suck at, but I'll give DVDs and music a shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2007, 22:29

I've found lately that kids stuff seems to be easiest for me. I am struggling with book and films at the moment as I seem to be saying the same things all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2007, 22:34

I am struggling with writing..period!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2007, 22:39

I'm definately not as active in the writing department as I used to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyWed 29 Aug 2007, 11:58

Films, films, films... surprisingly. I can do one of them very easily, maybe because so much detail about comparisions and actors are in my head anyway! I've often said that I reckon I could write a review on a film I havent seen and that I dont think anyone would even know (not that I would of course, unless challenged and people knew and had to work out which one!)
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? EmptyWed 29 Aug 2007, 13:53

Books for me. I think you're best at what you're most passionate about. That way, you already kind of know what needs to be written etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which are the easiest reviews to write?   Which are the easiest reviews to write? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which are the easiest reviews to write?
Page 1 of 1