www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What y'all been playing?

Go down 
+3
Ciao's Favourite Member
dididave
Tom_Clare
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

What y'all been playing? Empty
PostSubject: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 14:53

It's an obvious forum topic in a game category I know, but I thought it worth resurrecting.

What games has everyone been playing, are they any good, and what games are you hoping to play in the near future?

I have been tackling:
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (PSOne) - an enjoyable beat 'em up but rather like all the other SF games of the time. Hadoken!

Enter The Matrix (PS2) - It's got stupid controls and slightly empty-feeling levels, but hey, you can do stuff in SLOW-MOTION! Ahem.

Want to play:
Okami (PS2) - a pretty platformer, and birthday present that has thus far not arrived - curse those delivery times!
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 16:36

Largely playing Football Manager 06 on PC, The Chaos Engine on mobile (that IS a game) and want to play Zelda on the Wii but have to get one first!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 17:56

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is currently installed and I'm fairly close to completing it.

On the shelf awaiting a resinstallation of Windows:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Thief: deadly Shadows

Oh... and Football Manager 2007

Last edited by on Sun 29 Jul 2007, 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 18:56

Right now I've backtracked several years and have become addicted to playing Pokemon Red on my Gameboy Advance lol. I found it when I cleared out my room in my parents house and playing it makes me feel young again and forget about things like studying for retaks!!
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptyMon 30 Jul 2007, 00:01

I've been playing Super Mario Bros on my wii......
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptyTue 31 Jul 2007, 23:11

Hurrah! Got an adapter thing that lets me use my PS pads on PC... Which means I can tackle Mega-Drive and SNES emulators with something other than a keyboard - payback time for all those damned beat 'em ups...

For anyone who cares, here is a link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Playstation-PC-Converter-PS2/dp/B000IIXYSE/
ref=sr_1_2/203-0729625-5576754?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1185912599&sr=8-2
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptyThu 02 Aug 2007, 14:47

I've never liked using the PS d-pad for fighting games. Crying or Very sad

Haven't had much time to play lately, but the games are:
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - Fight! Fight! Fight! Hunt! Hunt! Hunt! Grind! Grind! Grind! Something like that...

Sword of Maia (GBA) - Okay action RPG, the NPC AI is appalling which is of surprise to me.

FIFA 06 (PS2) - I've a demo of FIFA 07 which seemed decent, but this is poor - I can't put together any nice attacking moves... Crying or Very sad

Would like to play:
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga again. Or start the 2nd one. Smile

Last edited by on Wed 03 Oct 2007, 04:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptyThu 02 Aug 2007, 15:48

Getting whipped on Splatterhouse 2 and Talmit's Adventure on the MD - some of these old games are just evil! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 16:11

Well on my holiday i had to use my DS, with i played Pokemon Diamond, Hotel Dusk Room 215 and Elite Beat Agents.

But now i'm back there's somthing i must confess. I'm interested in getting a 360 and i'll be selling my old xbox. And all the games (i can't be bothered to do the whole backward compatibility thingy) so i'm picking out some games that i haven't finished that are on xbox.

So far i got:

State of Emergency
The Matrix:Path of Neo
Star Wars:KOTOR
Jade Empire
Fable
Brute Force

and thats it.
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 16:50

Path Of Neo any good? Have heard some positive things about it and as it's about £3 on amazon I'm quite tempted...
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 16:52

Haven't really played it much so can't say, but i can say it's not a bad deal for £3

Hell, i only paid about £2 for it brand new from GAME
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 16:58

Tom_Clare wrote:
Want to play:
Okami (PS2) - a pretty platformer, and birthday present that has thus far not arrived - curse those delivery times!

I just got that myself. Sorry to make you more edgey but i think you'll love it.
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? EmptySun 05 Aug 2007, 13:38

Yeah, Okami is great thus far - a lot bigger than I thought it would be too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What y'all been playing?   What y'all been playing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What y'all been playing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk :: MEMBERS FUN AREA :: THE ARENA AND VIDEO GAMES TALK-
Jump to: