www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trivago update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Trivago update Empty
PostSubject: Trivago update   Trivago update EmptyThu 03 Jan 2008, 19:08

I know many members of RWF tried trivago and didn't like it because there wasn't enough attention paid to review writing.

There have been a lot of changes to the site in the past couple of months and most recently it seems the folks who run the site have finally woken up to the need to be more encouraging of reviews - they have been running various competitions to encourage more reviews although I have to say the focus is on quantity ahead of quality.

Another frustration people had was that they
1. couldn't rate reviews until they reached Level 4
2. they couldn't leave comments or receive them

This is no longer the case - you can now rate reviews from the very beginning as well as being able to leave comments.

It's still not a site that's rewarding reviews very well but as most users have already posted stuff elsewhere, it's well worth consideration. Also the share value of photographs has gone up markedly with many now earning 3 times what they used to .So if you have a good collection of travel photos, we'd love you to share them with users.

If anyone already joined and gave up - go and have another look. It's changed a lot
If you haven't tried it, please let me send you an invitation - that way you'll be assigned to my mentor group and I'll get a commission on the shares you earn - drop me a message in the pm with your email and I'll get something off to you quickly.

Koshkha
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Trivago update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivago update   Trivago update EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 22:37

I thought I would go and do a spot of "churning" at Trivago this afternoon...seems I must have crashed it..!

Thanks for the update on the site though Koshka - now if I had read this earlier I wouldn't have thought it was strange I can now rate!

I do find it a very difficult site to navigate still. Totally lost at times!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Essexgirl

Essexgirl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Trivago update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivago update   Trivago update EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 00:50

I got frustrated with the lack of rewards for reviews. I would prefer just to do the reviews. Being able to rate and comment would be good.

I don't want to spend hours adding hotels to their database, only to be told that the hotel didn't count as a business hotel even though it had conference rooms and what not, and being rated down because of it.

Hence I have not been on Trivago for ages.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Trivago update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivago update   Trivago update EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 01:56

ah yes, those rules....they are narrow indeed....don't even get me started on the whole "Transient" definition...! I am a resort revenue manager and worked for four major groups and so proper segmentation is everything and so it doesn't bode well with me when I cannot tick transient for a transient hotel..! My worse hotel 'score' by miles, ironically was one I worked in until recently - with a £10m budget to deliver. Perhaps it highlights that websites are not perfect sources of information (which is what approvers have to go on, and the only source of information) and hotels are no different in that.

However, I am quite enjoying Trivago at moment though got a new lease of life with it, and the rewards are good, and we can in fact rate now, although why anyone would when there are more lucrative things to do, I am not sure.

Am trying to master these Weblinks and External Reviews (with Barbara's help) so I can get my little silver diamond and do more clever things after that hopefully. I do find navigation incredibly hard though, I know I haven't been all that active, more fits and starts, but I just get incredibly confuddled with it all..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Trivago update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivago update   Trivago update EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008, 10:12

Thanks for that update Helen - it's good to have you back. The site is confusing - I admit that entirely - so having a good mentor (either officially or just someone willing to lend a hand) is important.

I know you had probs with the hotels - but like most sites, it takes time to get the hang of the culture and the 'rules'. Most people don't find the FAQ until they've been there a long time - it's a good place to start.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. The ability to be utterly selfish and do whatever you like without being beholden to spend hours reading everyone else's stuff, is quite refreshing after the review sites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trivago update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivago update   Trivago update Empty

Back to top Go down

Trivago update
Page 1 of 1