www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Profile Layout

Go down 
+7
dididave
kenjohn
Ciao's Favourite Member
berlioz
WendyBull
koshkha
atticusuk
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 00:54

Any views on the new profile layout on the site that was launchd a couple of days ago. I know the guides have fed in some comments, wondered wha other thought? even noticed? gave a toss?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 09:03

I think it's OK - not sure I want to be able to see little pictures of everyone who drifts by to look at a review, but nothing to be worked up about. Some good changes I think.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:05

I like it. Like everyhting it takes a few days to get used to clicking in a different place but it won't take long.

Like the fact you can see what your own profile message is now.......very useful for remembering to change it or update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:09

I'm okay with it. Works just well for me. I don't know if I like the whole profile visit pictures that much (I know Malu already sent me a message how I breezed past her profile and didn't read a review). I liked my anonymity when checking somebody's profile, but it's not really a big deal unless it gets to be a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:41

Malu begging for reads? Some things never change.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 11:48

One thing. It's no longer possible to access the new listings in the different categories. I like to check these out to see if there's anything new that I fancy writing about, especially in SC.

I've dropped the dooyoo team a message about it, but haven't had a reply yet.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 11:52

koshkha wrote:
I think it's OK - not sure I want to be able to see little pictures of everyone who drifts by to look at a review, but nothing to be worked up about. Some good changes I think.

I like this feature. So far I've had no less than three current Guides perusing my profile without reading a review. (Interesting!)
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 12:27

kenjohn wrote:
koshkha wrote:

I like this feature. So far I've had no less than three current Guides perusing my profile without reading a review. (Interesting!)

That should be irrelevant though, I don't like the idea of people judging me for clicking on their profile and daring not to read one of their reviews! I often click on a profile and find nothing I want to read about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
kenjohn

kenjohn

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 12:56

dididave wrote:
That should be irrelevant though, I don't like the idea of people judging me for clicking on their profile and daring not to read one of their reviews! I often click on a profile and find nothing I want to read about.

Depends on who's doing the clicking, and whether or not their intentions are honourable.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:01

kenjohn wrote:
One thing. It's no longer possible to access the new listings in the different categories. I like to check these out to see if there's anything new that I fancy writing about, especially in SC.

I'm missing the 'new reviews' link that used to be on the my account page too. It's just one extra step to have to go off and find the new reviews through the community page.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:04

dididave wrote:
kenjohn wrote:
koshkha wrote:

When I post something new, I generally go through the list of who rated my previous review and make sure I've returned at least one read on all of them - so I would click through to their profile and if there's nothing new since I was last there, I wouldn't stop and re-read something.
I think there's a risk people will 'read' things into their visitor info that they probably shouldn't - just like some people got aerated when their 'members who read' list didn't match the 'members who rated'.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:34

I think you are right, there is no dark force at work here..personally I don't even pay any attention to that - or indeed rarely look at the reads and rates sections
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:39

kenjohn wrote:
dididave wrote:

Depends on who's doing the clicking, and whether or not their intentions are honourable.

All a bit conspiracy theory Ken and TBH, what can anyone actually accomplish from reading your profile?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:48

It is possible to extract everyone's bank details and Mother's Maiden name from the internet and commit some identity fraud. I've seen it in the Mail so it must be true.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 14:31

helencbradshaw wrote:
It is possible to extract everyone's bank details and Mother's Maiden name from the internet and commit some identity fraud. I've seen it in the Mail so it must be true.

Well....that's it!!....if it's in The Mail it has to be true!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 14:53

Paul99ine wrote:
helencbradshaw wrote:

Isn't everything in the Mail true - their horoscopes certainly are!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 15:03

kenjohn wrote:

This is still there, on LHS under your profile picture when you log on.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 15:05

fizzywizzy wrote:
Paul99ine wrote:
helencbradshaw wrote:

Isn't everything in the Mail true - their horoscopes certainly are!

I read mine yesterday (not in the Mail) and decided there was no point going out!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 15:30

kenjohn wrote:
koshkha wrote:

Must be that new picture you have added scratch
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 15:32

berlioz wrote:
I liked my anonymity when checking somebody's profile, but it's not really a big deal unless it gets to be a nuisance.

Yeah but we are not all stalkers like you Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 16:22

atticusuk wrote:
Must be that new picture you have added scratch

Gone all respectable in my old age! (Collar and tie) I swore when I gave up the business world that I'd never wear them again, but the other half insisted. The piccy on my profile was taken at a family wedding last year and she wouldn't go with me if I wore my customary leather jacket and t-shirt. (Heh, heh)
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 16:25

helencbradshaw wrote:
This is still there, on LHS under your profile picture when you log on.

Nah...You must be thinking of another feature Helen. This is the new additions to the various Categories I'm talking about. It used to be right under the "New Reviews" button on our old profiles, but has now disappeared.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 16:28

koshkha wrote:
When I post something new, I generally go through the list of who rated my previous review and make sure I've returned at least one read on all of them - so I would click through to their profile and if there's nothing new since I was last there, I wouldn't stop and re-read something.

I generally try to return the compliment, even if it means clicking onto their "All Reviews" list and trawling through their back catalogue to find one I haven't read. Can be hard with a new or newish member though.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 16:31

atticusuk wrote:
berlioz wrote:
I liked my anonymity when checking somebody's profile, but it's not really a big deal unless it gets to be a nuisance.

Yeah but we are not all stalkers like you Twisted Evil

I am....but when I look at your profile I log out first to hide my tracks
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 16:32

dididave wrote:
All a bit conspiracy theory Ken and TBH, what can anyone actually accomplish from reading your profile?

Don't know Dave...But when the member in question happens to be someone who hasn't read any of my reviews (or at least not while logged into the site) for the past few years then I am slightly suspicious. Call it being paranoid if you like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Profile Layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Profile Layout   New Profile Layout Empty

Back to top Go down

New Profile Layout
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next