www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw

Go down 
+2
atticusuk
twig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
twig

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw Empty
PostSubject: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptyTue 08 Apr 2008, 23:32

Hi Everyone,

this is a great way of getting even more out of any holiday reviews you may have written or could be about to write.. Smile

Our holiday review free prize draw finishes on the 30th April and we've only had a low number of entries to date (< 30) so anybody entering is in with a great chance of winning. The prize is a £50 amazon.co.uk voucher. To enter, all you need do is write a review of a holiday you've been on recently - could be an easter break, last years summer holiday, cruise, wintersports... You can enter as many times as you like - all that we ask is that your reviews should be your own work and be helpful to other people thinking of travelling.

To add your review, just visit HolidayReviewStop, navigate to the country/region/city of your choice using the tabs at the top of the page and add your review.

As an added bonus, all reviews added will help people find great holidays by helping build our free online travel agent service.

Good Luck and thanks for reading,

cheers,

Twig

PS Full details of the prize draw and details of past winners can be seen here
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptyWed 09 Apr 2008, 13:17

You have to pay for reviews, the lottery of winning £50 is not going to interest most writers.
Back to top Go down
twig

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptyThu 10 Apr 2008, 21:40

that's an interesting point about having to pay for reviews. I'm not sure i agree. It's certainly the case that there are plenty of review sites to which people add reviews without receiving payment, reviewcentre for one.

I guess it comes down to what motivates somebody to write a review - whether it's to share their experiences and by doing so help others or to try and earn an income.

I don't know how significant an income people do earn from those review sites that offer payment - I suspect not that much. For those who want to share their experiences and help others, HolidayReviewStop.com offers the added fun of the chance of a £50 Amazon voucher.

I'd be interested to hear what other forum regulars think.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptyThu 10 Apr 2008, 22:37

While the money might not be that important to a number of members, they'd still not post without some guaranteed payment I think.

These sites are, after all, effectively businesses and members are providing content.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptyThu 10 Apr 2008, 22:45

I have cross posted to reviewcentre in the past, to enter a comp..

I was then suspended as apparently that is against their Ts and Cs..and I could only remain as long as it wasn't anywhere else. Obviously I am going to remain with the sites that pay me, notably Dooyoo, and Trivago in my case.

I did enter a comp last time you had one, a £50 prize would motivate me if I thought I had a good chance of winning
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptySat 12 Apr 2008, 11:31

A £50 prize would entice me too but I am no good at travel reviews and haven't been on holiday for years anyway! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
twig

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptySun 20 Apr 2008, 13:01

Hi Helen,

thanks for your feedback and thanks too for entering our last comp Smile

Regarding reviews that have been posted elsewhere on the web, these reviews would be most welcome on HolidayReviewStop.com - even if they have been posted elsewhere. This is because when you post on HolidayReviewStop we ask for some additional information (just some check boxes) - things like 'would this holiday be suitable for families' etc. This enables us to provide a sort of 'holiday recommendations service - users can specify the sort of things they want on their holiday and then the site looks for those holidays that reviewers have marked as being suitable.

I've just checked the latest numbers and we're still below 25 reviews - so if you (or anybody else) wants to enter you do have a reasonably good chance - plus adding your review will also help others more than if you added it to a conventional review site.

Best of Luck,

twig
Back to top Go down
twig

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptySun 20 Apr 2008, 13:10

Hi WendyBull,

Quote :
I am no good at travel reviews
I'm sure you're just being modest Wink - just the fact that you have been on holiday to the actual place often makes you more of an expert than most travel agents who have most likely never been there themselves Smile

Just ticking our check boxes and adding a little bit of text does provide helpful information (plus i always find it's surprising how much information comes back to me when i start writing a review).

Of course, we do need the reviews to be based on recent stays as the information does need to be accurate - I don't know if you've been on any short breaks recently - but even reviews of short city breaks or weekends away provide useful information for other people looking at going away.

Hope this helps,

twig
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptySun 20 Apr 2008, 23:37

twig wrote:
plus adding your review will also help others more than if you added it to a conventional review site.

twig

I'm going to have to disagree with that claim - if you have so few reviews, I rather doubt anyone googling for ideas is going to find your site on the first few pages. I can generally be pretty sure that stuff I post on Ciao, dooyoo and especially trivago will hit the front page of most google searches - sometimes even top of the front page.

If you can't offer payment, and goodness knows the pennies we get elsewhere won't pay for much, at least we know our work has a really high chance of being found on the more established sites.
Back to top Go down
twig

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw EmptyWed 23 Apr 2008, 02:35

Hi koshkha,

I wasn't meaning to be at all negative about the service that Ciao, DooYoo and trivago provide... but I hope that the way HolidayReviewStop uses the reviews to provide a holiday recommendations service as well as presenting the reviews themselves adds an additional useful service that is helpful for people who perhaps don't have a destination in mind.

We might not yet be a Ciao or a DooYoo or a Trivago - but everybody has to start somewhere I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw   Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw Empty

Back to top Go down

Recycle your holiday reviews with our free prize draw
Page 1 of 1