www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?

Go down 
+3
sugarnspice
mattygroves
Nar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? Empty
PostSubject: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2006, 03:36

Spurned on by the latest moans and complaints which are happening on Ciao AND a post left elsewhere on this site outside Ciao, Im wondering if there is such a thing called Freedom of Speech on Ciao?

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2006, 10:49

I couldn't possibly say.... cherry
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2006, 11:07

Nar wrote:
Im wondering if there is such a thing called Freedom of Speech on Ciao?

<snigger> There's freedom of speech up until a point but then censorship kicks in. They'll happily remove reviews without telling the author why. They'll also happily block or delete accounts just because the member wrote a review which a company didn't like. Ciao are happy to bow down to companies and do whatever it takes to keep them sweet whilst at the same time practically calling the author of the review a LIAR.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 01:57

Good answer but what about the reviewers? Sometimes you get difference of opinion but too much enforcement per individual can come across if they think they know more information than the reviewer who has just done the review! Is this Freedom of speech then?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptySat 15 Apr 2006, 23:15

Why would you expect to have freedom of speech on a review site when true freedom of speech does not exist in society a censoirship always has existed in some form or other.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 01:07

Everyone goes on about freedom of speech, but if you truely had it would anyone actually make good use of it. What would you say and to whom?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 11:01

I don't think Ciao or any other site declares "freedom of speech" but they do say that the individual has a right to say it how it is, and then don't let certain individuals do that. Being able to produce a review backed up with the necessary documentation should ciao request it is something else and not freedom of speech, but freedom of backed up opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 13:52

steerpyke wrote:
Everyone goes on about freedom of speech, but if you truely had it would anyone actually make good use of it. What would you say and to whom?

Where to start! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? EmptyMon 17 Apr 2006, 17:43

Nar wrote:
is such a thing called Freedom of Speech on Ciao?

This is part of a reply I had from Ciao earlier regarding a negative review which I wrote and they deleted

"While we do provide a forum for consumers to voice their opinion it is not
in the interests of the company to allow the site become a stage for
vendetta and personal insults."

The "vendetta and personal insults" is very much an overexageration of what was just a negative review. Ciao are very good at inventing get-out clauses. Them accusing me of having a vendetta means they don't have to call the deletion of my review censorship. They can still claim to be a non-biased consumer review site without a care in the world.

This isn't the only time this has happened with Ciao. It's happened to others too. Ciao are VERY good at lying or twisting the truth to distort facts. Freedom of speech only exists if Ciao are happy with what you're saying. That to me isn't freedon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?   DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO? Empty

Back to top Go down

DOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXIST ON CIAO?
Page 1 of 1