www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Premier League

Go down 
+8
alginate
Helix
dididave
tractor-boy
atticusuk
butters
Angus
lisa2062
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who will win the Premier League?
Man UTD
Premier League - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Premier League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Arsenal
Premier League - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Premier League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Chelsea
Premier League - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Premier League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Liverpool
Premier League - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Premier League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Spurs
Premier League - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Premier League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Other
Premier League - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Premier League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Premier League - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 19:29

why do they call wenger hitler?
because he cant win in europe either.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 19:29

Well said my friend (Alginate)! Referring back to Ashley Cole, perhaps if he finally goes then the rest of the team will be able to concentrate on what they do best! I know we haven't been on form recently, but just you all wait will be back fighting! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
alginate

alginate

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 19:31

UM let me see, probably the same reason spurs are now know as brown shorts!
Going for sum grub but i will be back my little friend!
Back to top Go down
alginate

alginate

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 19:33

lisa2062 wrote:
Well said my friend (Alginate)! Referring back to Ashley Cole, perhaps if he finally goes then the rest of the team will be able to concentrate on what they do best! I know we haven't been on form recently, but just you all wait will be back fighting! Lisa x
Lisa you are a top lady, and could'nt agree more about mr cole, think since he has been with miss tweedy his head has gone to far up his own arse!
Thinks he is bigger than the club!
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 20:22

alginate wrote:
Tut tut, when was the last night spurs won the league? oh i know 1961!!!!!
To be honest im not to bothered if we win it or not, i mean we've got so much silver wear in our throphy cabinets we'd just look like greedy gooners!

Fire brigade phones Arsene Wenger in the early hours of Sunday morning...
"Mr Wenger sir, Highbury is on fire!"
"The cups man! Save the cups!" replies Arsene.
"Uh, the fire hasn't spread to the canteen yet, sir."
Back to top Go down
alginate

alginate

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 20:39

Just got back in thats a funny joke, almaost as funny as spurs not winning the league in 45 years!
Nut a good joke all the same, will have to tell my old man that one!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 20:43

I'm surprised Spurs hasn't been relegated yet, something is wrong with the world. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
alginate

alginate

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 20:46

Ha Ha Ha, man , now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is only room for one top club in the north of london, so spurs can go and boil the head's!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 20:50

Roll on the next season, where I'm certain we will win something for our new stadium! Chelsea better start saying their prayers, as they're going down too! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 21:42

lisa2062 wrote:
Roll on the next season, where I'm certain we will win something for our new stadium!

You mean the one you got on credit!!!!!
Back to top Go down
alginate

alginate

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 22:13

The colour green really is'nt very flattering on you my friend!!!!!! x x x x x x
Back to top Go down
alginate

alginate

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2006, 22:49

SPB, Do you live anywhere near Ecton Brook? i have friends who live there, a friend of mine had a caravan in Billing Aqua Drome.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 00:27

spoilt_little_brat wrote:
Arsenal r crap and we r gonna whip you ass!!!!

Nce to see Tottenham are still attracting the intelligent well spoken supporter. rabbit
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 13:14

atticusuk wrote:
Arsenal r crap and we r gonna whip you ass!!!!

Nce to see Tottenham are still attracting the intelligent well spoken supporter. rabbit

Nice Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 18:34

We were very unlucky in the Champions League, we played well and I truly believed that the cup was going to be ours. It was obviously not meant to me this time around, but we will win it you can be sure of that!
Chelsea have had their fun, but now's the time to wipe the smile off their smug little faces. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
James564

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 18:42

Watford will kick all the other teams arses.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 02:41

I will say one thing, I may support Spurs but I would rather a team like Arsenal win then Chelsea. I really cant stand them.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 10:37

I will say one thing, I may support Spurs but I would rather a team like Arsenal win then Chelsea. I really cant stand them.

That is very big of you to admit that. Unfortuantely I'm small minded and petty and cannot think of anything worse than Spurs winning a raffle let alone a football competition. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 19:18

Sorry I must be going daft, did someone mention Watford? Are they in the premiership then? lisa x
Back to top Go down
James564

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 19:32

Yes we [Watford] got promoted after getting kicking Leeds' ass at Cardiff Smile
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 20:40

atticusuk wrote:

That is very big of you to admit that. Unfortuantely I'm small minded and petty and cannot think of anything worse than Spurs winning a raffle let alone a football competition. Twisted Evil

How very mature and grown up of you Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Helix

Helix

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 14:43

lol, i love all the chelsea hating going on, i suppose success breeds jealousy and contempt lol. but the fact is we r the strongest team in the league and it's gonna be damn hard for anyone to get the league off us.
Back to top Go down
Vheissu

Vheissu

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2006, 17:19

Helix wrote:
i suppose success breeds jealousy

For some reason that really made me laugh.

Whilst I can't speak for other fans of the likes of United, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc, you can see from various people's statements that Chelsea have yet to earn much respect as far as success is concerned. In fact, Chris Coleman was quoted as talking about 'the big 3' the other day - he listed United, Liverpool and Arsenal - yet no mention of Chelsea. Overnight success, through vast overspending, doesn't breed respect, and the sooner the FA stop Chelsea from spending well beyond their means, the sooner the Premiership will become a 'fair' fight again.
Back to top Go down
tractor-boy

tractor-boy

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2006, 21:24

Vheissu wrote:
Helix wrote:

..... Overnight success, through vast overspending, doesn't breed respect, and the sooner the FA stop Chelsea from spending well beyond their means, the sooner the Premiership will become a 'fair' fight again.

Sorry, but I think that's wrong. The higher spending power that Chelsea have over say Man utd or Liverpool is proportionate to the higher spending power Man Utd or Liverpool have over say Watford or Portsmouth. Should the FA cap Man Utd and Liverpool too so that Watford or Portsmouth get a fair crack at this "fair" fight?
Back to top Go down
Vheissu

Vheissu

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2006, 22:24

tractor-boy wrote:
Vheissu wrote:
Helix wrote:

..... Overnight success, through vast overspending, doesn't breed respect, and the sooner the FA stop Chelsea from spending well beyond their means, the sooner the Premiership will become a 'fair' fight again.

Sorry, but I think that's wrong. The higher spending power that Chelsea have over say Man utd or Liverpool is proportionate to the higher spending power Man Utd or Liverpool have over say Watford or Portsmouth. Should the FA cap Man Utd and Liverpool too so that Watford or Portsmouth get a fair crack at this "fair" fight?

Yes, they should. as someone mentioned to me not long ago, either a salary cap or a rule that you can only spend what you've earnt (in the sense that you can use the cash you've earned through merchandise and other assorted income) should be introduced. Were that to be the case then Chelsea would immediately go under, because outside of Abramovich dipping endlessly into his funds, Chelsea make very little money in terms of revenue.

And with reference to "The higher spending power that Chelsea have over say Man utd or Liverpool is proportionate to the higher spending power Man Utd or Liverpool have over say Watford or Portsmouth" - yes, that may be the case, but United, Liverpool, Watford and Pompey (and all the others) are at least all playing by the same rules... ie; spending money they've earnt, whereas Chelsea aren't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premier League   Premier League - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Premier League
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next