www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lots of Evangelion on the horizon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Lots of Evangelion on the horizon Empty
PostSubject: Lots of Evangelion on the horizon   Lots of Evangelion on the horizon EmptySun 10 Sep 2006, 01:39

Anime News Network wrote:
First of Four Evangelion Movies due out Summer 2007.

According to the October issue of Newtype (Japan) (On sale September 10), four new Evangelion movies are in the works. The four movies will include a prequel, a mid-series movie, a sequel and a "final" movie. The prequel movie is due out early summer 2007.

While the new story will be set during the same time frame as the original TV series, Newtype states that it will be an entirely new project, not be a remake or improvement of any sort. Newtype also mentions that viewers will not need to have already seen previous Evangelion material in order to understand and enjoy the new movies.

Hideaki Anno will write the scenario for the first movie and will be the general director and manager for the entire project. Kazuya Tsurumaki will direct the movies while Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will provide character designs and Ikuto Yamashita will provide mechanical designs. Shinji Higuchi will provide storyboards for the first movie.

Khara, a new studio that shares office space with Gainax, was recently set up and is seeking production staff to work on Anno's new project.

Whow! Four new movies with the first coming out next year. Looks like this has moved beyond just a rumor. I have to say I'm excited and fearful at the same time. It'll be something great (hopefully) or it will be a heinous moneygrubbing exercise of epic proportions. I for one would hate Evangelion to descend into a simple venture of greed. Eyes and fingers crossed for the better I guess is the way to go...

And then there is this

This thing's been long in the production, but it seems to be moving forward nevertheless. Will just have to see if this will be totally screwed up as it is easy or whether something great will come out of it. Not an easy job to do, but thankfully they are taking their time to make it right on the first go instead of rushing in headlong.

Well, here's waiting for 'em. sunny

Lots of Evangelion on the horizon Misatoavatar1
Back to top Go down

Lots of Evangelion on the horizon
Page 1 of 1