www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When jokes are not funny

Go down 
+5
drewboy
Helix
liz1102
lisa2062
spoilt_little_brat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

When jokes are not funny Empty
PostSubject: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyTue 31 Oct 2006, 21:07

I heard on Loose Women today that Johnathon Ross made a joke last night about Heather Mills being a lier and it wouldnt suprise him if she had two legs.

Personally I laughed when I heard this as I think what has been happening with her is really bad, but Ross has been told off as it is about a disability and in bad taste.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyTue 31 Oct 2006, 21:30

I think his jokes are very below the belt at times, and he ought to know when to keep it buttoned! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyTue 31 Oct 2006, 22:28

People moan at jokes all the time for being none politically correct, but then large amounts of stand up are based on looking at a social group and identifying some small thing that is different. If everything that was mildly degrogatory towards anybody was taken out of comedy there would be nothing left. I bet the people who complained about this 'joke' have laughed at other's misfortune, learn to laugh at yourselves as well as at others.

On the other hand, I don't think his 'jokes' are especially funny and sometimes they do just mock other people for the sake of mocking.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyTue 31 Oct 2006, 22:44

I agree Liz, I personally think it's funny and for a figure like Mills who cas put herself into the limelight and made such public comments about her relationships (I hear she is to do a Diana style interview) then why the hell shouldnt people take the piss.

I know it is 'bad' because of her having one leg, but oh god she uses that just as much as people use it to make a joke out of.
Back to top Go down
Helix

Helix

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-06-22

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyThu 02 Nov 2006, 19:44

i find jonathan ross very funny. This joke didn't really offend me in the slightest, some people are over sensitive and can't take a joke.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyThu 02 Nov 2006, 19:52

Don't get me wrong this joke as well as some of his others can be funny, but a lot of his are just sick. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyThu 02 Nov 2006, 23:22

I can't count how many heather mills/leg jokes I have heard over the years, I am sure one more wont hurt her.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 00:32

I agree and like I said, she asked for it in my opinion! But I dont see why people are making a big fuss about this joke!?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 01:04

I think Jonathan Ross is great, very funny, and a joke is a joke after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 02:19

And how many people have taken the piss out of the way he speaks? Lets face it, its his 'thing'.

If heather mills had not had the leg thing, she would just have been known as Macca's (soon to be ex) misses. (or is she one of the famous Mills and I just dont know it....)
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptySat 04 Nov 2006, 14:57

drewboy wrote:
(or is she one of the famous Mills and I just dont know it....)

What like the one who writes the books with Mrs Boon.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptySun 05 Nov 2006, 17:32

If you decide to live your life in the public eye, then that is the price you pay. Mills makes a lot of money out of promoting her self image and Ross makes a lot of money out of taking the piss out of people, its all part of the game, its what they do. Why should we get upset, its not as if we are seeing any of that money.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny EmptyWed 15 Nov 2006, 22:57

I received an email yesterday with about 30 one-liners about Ms Mills. Although mildly amusing I chose not to forward it and deleted it. My choice although many others would have received it and no doubt I'll receive it again within the next few days from someone else...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When jokes are not funny   When jokes are not funny Empty

Back to top Go down

When jokes are not funny
Page 1 of 1