www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Five year old diagnosed with depression!

Go down 
+4
Helix
duskmaiden
spoilt_little_brat
fizzywizzy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Five year old diagnosed with depression! Empty
PostSubject: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 13:03

What a load of rubbish! A five year old diagnosed with depression because she doesn't go to the same school as her friends!

Most likely that the parents have worked the little girl up because they are so worked up about it. It certainly didn't look to me as if they had tried to be positive for the sake of the child. Why didn't they encourage her to make new friends at the new school? Invite kids for tea? An after school activity to get to know other other kids?

Lots of children get nervous about a new school. I think this is just a case of a child anxious about change rather than not being with children she already knew
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 13:56

This is a weird one. I have studied this sort of thing at uni and it does seem a weird case to me.

I did work with a 7 year old boy who was depressed, but that was due to him having M.E.
Back to top Go down
duskmaiden

duskmaiden

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 14:52

I must admit i is the wordl going mad. We can not always get what we want in this world and i thought kids could be quite adapltable. I can understand it if it is bullyiyng but going from nursery to Primary school seems a bit weird
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 15:32

I am sure she is disappointed, not really depressed. If she is depressed it is more likely because she has pathetic parents who can't find it in themselves to be postitive for her sake. Plus, they applied too late...
Back to top Go down
Helix

Helix

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 15:40

anyone of any age can have depression, it's a bit unfair to say "what a load of rubbish", people get depressed for many reasons, big and small.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 16:08

Having seen the parents being interviewed I am convinced that the child is not depressed. I wouldn't be surprised if they have managed to persuade a doctor to say so because they think that will get them what they want.
I have worked with people with mental health problems and am not unsympathetic or ignorant; in this case, though, I am sceptical to say the least
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 16:12

I'm depressed and don't want to go to school this afternoon. Dress rehearsal for a concert !
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 09 Nov 2006, 21:41

lol yeah, when I was at school I suffered with something which made me dizzy and black out, so I just used to say I felt dizzy lol.

As I said, like fizzy, I have worked with this sort of thing before and this case is very strange and doesn't add up at all.

There can be depression periods due to things like parents splitting up etc, but these are more like adjusting to new situations and been taken out of a situation you feel safe it; however this story has none of the 'normal' causes or reasons and sounds to me like a spin to get the parents...ahem..I mean child, what they want.
Back to top Go down
crispy

crispy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyFri 10 Nov 2006, 10:46

I can't even remember most of the people I was friends with when I was 5.
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyWed 15 Nov 2006, 23:27

Same hear crispy, I don't remember a single name of anyone I was at school with when I was 5 years old. Strange one this...
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyWed 15 Nov 2006, 23:27

Same here* OH MY HOD, am I forgetting how to spell and type?
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 16 Nov 2006, 12:13

I remember EVERYONE! Sarah vomitted over me on her first day at school, she was so nervous. I had to go home wearing items from the box, my mother was mortified - she thought something had happened to the new pinafore she'd made me.

Now, I was upset about this, but I wasn't depressed.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 16 Nov 2006, 19:45

To say the least I am sceptical !!
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 16 Nov 2006, 19:56

No! She really did vomit on me!
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 16 Nov 2006, 19:59

lol didnt mean the vomit. I meant the depressed little urchin !!
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! EmptyThu 16 Nov 2006, 21:16

lol...urchin??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five year old diagnosed with depression!   Five year old diagnosed with depression! Empty

Back to top Go down

Five year old diagnosed with depression!
Page 1 of 1