www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TRIVAGO NEWSLETTER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

TRIVAGO NEWSLETTER Empty
PostSubject: TRIVAGO NEWSLETTER   TRIVAGO NEWSLETTER EmptyFri 10 Nov 2006, 22:56

Content
Wanted: Experts with an Eye for Detail!
New Member Level Names
Ski Rally a great success!
Low-Fare Airlines
A Friendly Hello from your new trivago UK Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most active Members on trivago.co.uk

1. pierrejacques

2. Newfloridian

3. Fritzthecat

4. koshkha

5. weetoon

6. sue51

7. Helencbradshaw

8. thingywhatsit

9. elise

10. Time_Traveller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted: Experts with an Eye for Detail!
Are you an expert on hiking chalets in the Alps? Or maybe you know the best fishing spots in Canada's wilderness? Then take part in a small project and let us all benefit from your knowledge!

Now that we have had contests in which the goal was to add as much general content as possible, this time we are looking to reward those whose specialty lies in collecting details.

To give you a better idea of what we're looking for, here are some sample projects:

The Best Golfing Courses in the World
The participant for this project gathers the best golf destinations in the world. He/she does this buy providing a collection of photos, reviews and external reviews for top golf places. The goal is to build a stong, detailed profile of the world's best golf courses.

The Most Beautiful Honeymoon Destinations in France
Describe and complete the most extraordinary hotels aimed at honeymooners. Find the appropriate data and turn this topic into its very own category through photos, external reviews and reviews. Or add a relevant region description.

Examples of other possible projects include 'Charming Villages in Southern Thuringia' or 'Castles and Palaces of Europe'.

Let your creativity run wild. Starting today, you have two weeks to think of a theme for which you would like to act as an expert.

Most important is to establish the theme of your project before the given deadline, as well as to shortly document your approach for us. You have 6 weeks to both complete the individual operations and bind them together with an accompanying article outlining your project.

After the deadline the projects will be evaluated anonymously by all participants as well as us, according to the fixed criteria of creativity, level of detail, complexity, quality, up-to-dateness, and coverage of the chosen topic.

The best projects will be published in trivago's newsletter or made available to other users on the trivago homepage.

We would also like to reward the creativity and potential of trivago as a whole. The participants with the 5 largest contributions will see their shares double. The Winner's points will be tripled.

After the deadline in 2 weeks we'll send out a list of all the projects members have decided to undertake.

Let your creativity flow and have fun!

New Member Level Names
A few weeks ago we held a creative contest to replace the somewhat dull numbering system for membership levels with creative and interesting names.

Catherine won this contest and we combined her great suggestions with our requirements for the different membership levels. In case you missed them last week, here they are once again:

Online-Scout
Sightseer
Excursionist
Holiday Enthusiast

Editor
Vacation Pro
Globe-trotter
Discoverer

Administrator

Ski Rally a great success!
The Ski Rally is closed. In this short time more than 1.000.000 Community Shares were earned. We managed to greatly boost the quality of information regarding the theme of Winter Sports and we are amazed at how many of you contributed to these results!

Below are the Top 10 Participants:

1. YourShadow 161185
2. manu63 106515
3. Hexe1962 92795
4. Kayah 65880
5. uteker 61630
6. Tui-Tante 51420
7. pierrejacques 48780
8. Saphena 48135
9. Chris26 43780
10. eimsbuettler 40130

Low-Fare Airlines
If you told someone 100 years ago that he/she could simply pack a bag and fly to a European metropolis over 1000 km away for only a small sum of money, do you think they would have believed you?

With low-fare airlines breathing new life into the travel industry, the above dream is now a reality. You and a friend really can fly to Rome and back for 100 Euro altogether! More and more people are taking advantage of such great offers and therefore the destinations which low-fare airlines travel to are very important for us here at trivago.

While frequent destinations include major cities such as Rome, London, and Barcelona, there are also several smaller, lesser-known destinations such as :

The East Midlands this region consists of Derby, Leicester, and Nottingham

Pisa - Who hasn't heard of the most famous Leaning Tower in the world?

Marseille - not only the most important Port city in France, but also the birth place of football legend Zinedine Zidane

Alghero - the heartbeat of tourism in Sardinia, with a beautiful old town

Riga - the most highly-populated city in the Baltic Region. Its old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

In order to offer travellers who use such low-fare airlines the opportunity to book hotels for their trips, the above destinations should be loaded with attractions and accomodation options. Web links, reviews, and region descriptions are critical! The above destinations are waiting to be completed...

Dear UK Members,
I've had the pleasure of talking with many of you this past week, but for those of you who I haven't yet met, I wanted to take this chance to introduce myself again. My name's Laura and I'm now managing trivago's UK platform. I'm very happy to be a part of the trivago team and look forward to hopefully getting to know you all a lot better.

Just so you have a better idea of who you're communicating with, here's a little about me: I'm from the East Coast of Canada, and up until last year when I lived in Yorkshire I thought I'd experienced all weather conditions possible! About ten umbrellas later I really settled into England and the experience turned out to be fantastic:)

I'm very happy to be working for you and the community as a whole. My job is to improve and expand the UK community and I can't stress enough how important your feedback is for me. I'd be very grateful if you sent any comments or suggestions my way. Also, if you run into any problems on the site or have a question, just give me shout.

You can leave a message in my guestbook or write me an email.

Hope to hear from you soon and have a nice weekend!

Laura

Masthead
trivago-News is normally published every two weeks on Fridays. Postponements due to unforseeable reasons however can occur.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com

TRIVAGO NEWSLETTER
Page 1 of 1