www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Go down 
+2
Thingywhatsit
liz1102
6 posters
AuthorMessage
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Am I Doing Something Wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyWed 17 Jan 2007, 11:24

So I joined Helium about a week ago, and posted a review the first day. I then rated about 30 or so other reviews before getting bored (because only about 3 different topics came up for me to rate) and leaving. The next day there was $0.01 in my account. Since then I have posted pretty much a review a day, and rated 15 or so each time, but there is still only that first $0.01 in my account .... Have I missed something important?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyWed 17 Jan 2007, 11:35

No but ranking the reviews takes a while. When they start to build up earnings, it goes much faster. At the moment, your reviews are a bit in limbo until they are all rated into their appropriate slots. It does happen. You just have to keep going. I thought that too, but it does build up.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyWed 17 Jan 2007, 11:39

things do seem to start slow as it takes a while for articles to find there designated place. When initially posted they are placed half way and generally dont earn much there. Once you have a few articles written things will hopefully start moving. but be patient.

As for ratings, you only get offered articles to rate that are in categories that you have written in,so write across as many cats. as possible. Rating topics do seem to come through in blocks and so can get a bit samey but just stick at it.

There are also some great writing tips on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyTue 23 Jan 2007, 20:54

Ouh today it went up to $0.02 lol Only taken two weeks to get there :p
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 13:23

Ok reading this maybe mine isnt so bad... have to admit I dont really get Helium at all.. still I posted over a bunch of reviews and have about $0.26 after two weeks lmao!
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 19:30

Suppose it's down to what people want to read? I do not know how popular reviewing is online, unless you can try to get a particular review to the company to post or maybe try your local paper? Start up your own review column? Just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sephsworld
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 23:08

Yeah I've had mixed experiences. Been on there for nearly two weeks, with about 20 reviews now - earned 0.22c.

I'm going to reserve judgement for at least another month though, as it takes little effort to keep posting up there and rate every so often. I'll be interested to see if it does pick up much, without advertising the reviews too heavily myself. I currently have just two links leading back to my profile and that's as much as I can be arsed with. Plus I can't think how'd I'd link much more without becoming a total spammer.
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I Doing Something Wrong?
Page 1 of 1