www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second Generation iPod Nano

Go down 
+6
koshkha
Stunt_101
CareBear
WendyBull
Ciao's Favourite Member
lisa2062
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

Second Generation iPod Nano Empty
PostSubject: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 18:08

Basically I've written a review of the 2nd generation player, but don't know where to post it. I see that members have posted there's under the previous version's section, but though that it might be misleading. Should i post mine where they have and mention at the start its the 2nd generation player I'm reviewing, I should I suggest that it be added? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 18:22

I'd suggest that it's added.

Email Jared at dooyooteam@dooyoo.co.uk with the query or contact the Electronics Guide who will pass on your query.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 18:26

I think your right as I think it's misleading posting under the first generation ones. I'll email Jared as i believe that category is without a guide at present. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 19:36

If it comes under audio/hi-fi them carebear (cmh...) is the guide. x
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 20:02

nope, I'm not audio guide anymore, but I'd agree it needs to be suggested. Let me know if you need help as the category is currently unguided.

cmh4135 (that's why I changed my name on ciao - noone can remember the numbers!)
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 20:04

I can remember the numbers. Duinno if that makes me "Mr. Memory" or just sad, though.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 20:06

You sad man lol!
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 20:27

oops! sorry, i forgot you had changed cats! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 20:38

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
I can remember the numbers. Duinno if that makes me "Mr. Memory" or just sad, though.

.. just obsessed! geek
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 20:57

Hah! You've met me. That's your call Razz
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 23:17

I've emailed Jared, So hopefully someone will get back to me and let me know. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyWed 14 Feb 2007, 17:14

Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 19:40

Mines a blue 4GB second gen one. Jared has got back to me asking how different it is from the previous model. Basically it's not that different so I can probably stick in with all the other reviews, if it was drastically different Jared said he'd put up a new category. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 22:58

Oh for goodness sake - why do they make these multiple categories based on size? Does a green one sound any different to a yellow one?

And finally, is there really anything left to be said or written about an iPod?

Sorry but however good the new review will be, I won't be reading it.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 22:59

Sorry that should have been multiple cats based on colour - that's me, obsessed by size once again ;-)
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 23:02

lisa2062 wrote:
Mines a blue 4GB second gen one. Jared has got back to me asking how different it is from the previous model. Basically it's not that different so I can probably stick in with all the other reviews, if it was drastically different Jared said he'd put up a new category. Lisa x

Hmmm... it should a different category anyway because it's a new product, and the precedent is set that there are already existing 2nd Gen categories on Dooyoo. I wouldn't worry about the colour, but if there's a category for a 4GB 2nd Gen model on Dooyoo already, I'd use it.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 23:37

I agree, 2nd generation should be anew category, otherwise how can anyone determine if 2nd generation ones are any good??
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyFri 16 Feb 2007, 00:09

I think the easy rule of thumb is to put yourself into a consumer's shoes. I do that a lot when pondering review writing stuff whereas a lot of poeple look at it from the writing angle.

If you're looking for 2nd gen reviews, then it's better for the end consumer to have these as separate categories.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie A. Smith

Stephanie A. Smith

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 17:52

how do you tell if you have 2nd generation or first?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mfluderx
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 18:42

Please please please - no more reviews about iPods. Can there possibly be anything left to say about them?
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 18:45

Stephanie A. Smith wrote:
how do you tell if you have 2nd generation or first?

Second generation are the ones with the new design, the old 'mini' aluminium casing compared to the shiny easily scratched ones.

I can't remember when I last read a nano review, first or second generation.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 18:47

koshkha wrote:
Please please please - no more reviews about iPods. Can there possibly be anything left to say about them?

Yes. I own one and it rocks. I've reviewed it too, and that rocks as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 19:49

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
koshkha wrote:

Yes. I own one and it rocks. I've reviewed it too, and that rocks as well Very Happy

Well if you've reviewed it then I'm sure there's nothing more that needs to be written on the topic.

I love my pod but I have no desire to write about it at all.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 20:09

koshkha wrote:

I love my pod but I have no desire to write about it at all.

I wrote about mine but it was first generation and the nano was still a brand new product and design. I wouldn't bother now that it's been out for so long, done to death almost.
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano EmptyTue 06 Mar 2007, 22:26

I reviewed my ipod mini when they had been discontinued and excommunicated from the ipod family - and it got 'review of the month'... Just cos something is old, doesn't mean there's no point in reviewing it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Generation iPod Nano   Second Generation iPod Nano Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Generation iPod Nano
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next