www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question(s) from a newbie

Go down 
+7
Ailran
Ciao's Favourite Member
WendyBull
koshkha
helencbradshaw
Thingywhatsit
greff
11 posters
AuthorMessage
greff

greff

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Question(s) from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 01:49

Hi everyone,

I am certainly glad that I stumbled upon this interesting group. As a preface, I will say that I do a lot of writing for my local paper here in Illinois, USA, and on the web for various purposes.

My question now is this: can I use any reviews posted here or at Helium with the permission of the author? I am looking to open a blog with movie reviews and quite possibly other types of reviews. Certainly what I read here appeals to me.

So, give me the thumbs up or down, please, and/or any alternatives that may exist (do you work for hire?).

greg
Back to top Go down
http://www.greff.wordpress.com
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 02:03

Hi Greg and you are very welcome amongst our number. If you write reviews on movies, you can use the same reviews on Helium and Dooyoo.co.uk and on Epinions

The purpose of this site is so people can get together in neutral territory and discuss writing, pass on news from the sites, join in competitions, and generally hang out together.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 02:47

greff wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am certainly glad that I stumbled upon this interesting group. As a preface, I will say that I do a lot of writing for my local paper here in Illinois, USA, and on the web for various purposes.

My question now is this: can I use any reviews posted here or at Helium with the permission of the author? I am looking to open a blog with movie reviews and quite possibly other types of reviews. Certainly what I read here appeals to me.

So, give me the thumbs up or down, please, and/or any alternatives that may exist (do you work for hire?).

Welcome...but we dont post reviews here... affraid

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 14:42

You want to use reviews written by other people? I think you'd better be sure to ask permission of the authors. I'm not sure where you'd stand on copywright.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 15:02

greff wrote:
(do you work for hire?).

greg

you can pay me to write reviews for you if you like! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 15:05

koshkha wrote:
You want to use reviews written by other people? I think you'd better be sure to ask permission of the authors. I'm not sure where you'd stand on copywright.

What K says is true if you're considering posting them in full on your own site. If you're linking to them and stating slearly they're not your own work, then I'm not sure there's an issue.

People usually post their work on at least two sites, so if you're going to link to them you might ask which one they'd prefer you linked.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptyMon 05 Mar 2007, 13:01

I think you would certainly need to ask everyone who's reviews you want to actully use on your site/blog otherwise you could get a lot of hassle. Of course if you want to pay me for using my reviews then I could easily be persuaded to let you Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptyMon 05 Mar 2007, 14:39

Ailran wrote:
I think you would certainly need to ask everyone who's reviews you want to actully use on your site/blog otherwise you could get a lot of hassle. Of course if you want to pay me for using my reviews then I could easily be persuaded to let you Smile

I think there'll be lots of folks agreeing with you on this!! Razz
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptyMon 05 Mar 2007, 14:50

Paul99ine wrote:
Ailran wrote:

I think there'll be lots of folks agreeing with you on this!! Razz

Same here! I would want to take a look at where it was being posted before i agreed too.
Back to top Go down
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptyMon 05 Mar 2007, 19:09

How intriguing. I think you'll find that people here and on the numerous review sites are a very varied bunch, writing for different reasons and often within their own niches. Best thing you could do is join the three main sites, Dooyoo, Ciao, Helium, and have a good read and look at people's back catalogues. Then contact the people you're interested in.

I think everybody would like to be hired, so it's a question of making the use or commission of people's work worth their time, which will again vary from person to person. Send in the negotiators... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie EmptyMon 05 Mar 2007, 20:36

Will work for beer. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question(s) from a newbie   Question(s) from a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Question(s) from a newbie
Page 1 of 1