www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technical help needed

Go down 
+3
Ailran
lisa2062
belfin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

Technical help needed Empty
PostSubject: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 22:25

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm having real problems with my pc and Ciao since they changed the write a review bit. I know from looking on my bloke's laptop that there should be stars underneath the bit where it says rate this product on the product page but instead I've got little lines in a circle going round and round with the message please wait.

I've tried updating java, shockwave, flash and quicktime but nothing is working. I know that there are sometimes boxes in the settings that need to be checked for it to work but not sure which ones these are.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful as I don't want to have to keep nicking his laptop every time I want to post something.

Thanks
Belinda
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 23:02

Have just had a look and it seems to be working alright for me. I just went into 'write a review' to check it out although I'm not writing one and clicked on the stars, it seemed to stick fine. As it's new no doubt Ciao are experiencing problems. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
belfin

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 09:35

I don't think it's Ciao this time, as I can post from my blokes laptop. It's definitely settings somewhere on my pc but I can't find out what is incompatible as I haven't changed anything else and Dooyoo works fine with it's similar set up.

I'm frustrated

Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 11:08

I've just had a look myself and mine seems to be fine as well. I cant think of what it could be.
Do you have the same problem if you click on the product with the 5 stars you use to select for a quick review??
Back to top Go down
belfin

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 11:21

There are no stars coming up at all for either the quick review or for the full one. All that's underneath is the please wait message and the little lines going round in a circle which I think has something to do with Java but it's working on other sites so I'm a bit stumped. I've been into a lot of the Active X settings etc but everything looks fine at first glance. Not an expert mind you so there could be something simple that I'm overlooking somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 11:25

Hmm.. No i am not an expert either and even looking at the page I cant work out why you wouldn't be able to see them, or what it is about them that is causing the problem... guess I'm no help to you at all Sad
Back to top Go down
belfin

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 11:32

Thanks anyway - I'll just have to keep nicking my other half's laptop til I figure it out, lol.
Back to top Go down
belfin

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 13:05

Twiddled a few knobs, clicked a few boxes and threw my pc across the room (ok maybe not the last one, but you get the message), the stars have returned. All is well and I am at peace with my pc once more.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 13:08

Well, now there's your problem right there. You have got a PC! Better switch to Mac and quick.
Back to top Go down
susie19

susie19

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 13:15

I've got both Cool
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 13:51

ooooh.....smarty pants..... Razz

there were some Java updates recently.....might've been something to do with that......
Back to top Go down
jo145

jo145

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 18:58

I had problems last night, but sorted it out today. I see some comments that people have done a quick review and received not helpful, losing them loads of community points!
Ciao and it's problems. Hope all is OK now Belinda,
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 19:08

susie19 wrote:
I've got both Cool

You do realise he is not on about the same kind of mac your bunny is wearing don't you? Smile
Back to top Go down
susie19

susie19

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptyFri 20 Apr 2007, 19:39

Ailran wrote:
susie19 wrote:
I've got both Cool

You do realise he is not on about the same kind of mac your bunny is wearing don't you? Smile

Funnily enough I don't have one of those Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed EmptySat 21 Apr 2007, 00:13

You go out and flash without one then??? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical help needed   Technical help needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical help needed
Page 1 of 1