www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it me or? [picture]

Go down 
+4
atticusuk
berlioz
Averilla
scream4bruce
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Is it me or? [picture] Empty
PostSubject: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyWed 30 May 2007, 20:24

Talk about undermining the Helpful rating:

Is it me or? [picture] Farce

Is it me or has this section always been like this?
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyWed 30 May 2007, 21:34

Crikey...to be honest I'd never noticed that before...that is totally ridiculous !!!
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyWed 30 May 2007, 22:34

Well, you don't get as many CPs with a Helpful rate... (if I remember correctly Razz)
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyThu 31 May 2007, 11:28

This is great news I'm off to report a good couple of hundred members for abuse Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyThu 31 May 2007, 14:25

Christ almighty.

How do you prove that a helpful rating is "abusive"?

Even scarier: given the Abuse team's usual method of dealing with stuff (i.e. the abuse reporter is right and the unknowning member is wrong), that means the membership will really be reduced. Unless I report people... then they seem to develop a backbone and mention that it's not abuse... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyThu 31 May 2007, 14:54

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:

How do you prove that a helpful rating is "abusive"?

Very true; why would someone take the time to report a helpful rating?!?! Just goes to prove that some people on Ciao have far too high an opinion of themselves Razz
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyThu 31 May 2007, 15:22

Well, my complete argument is that how can you prove any rating is abuse, if an appropriate comment is left?

Saying that, few comments do justify/back up a rating and most of the ones that do are usually 'wrong' (i.e. This is SH because I disagree with hwat you've written).
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyThu 31 May 2007, 22:27

Personally, I thought it had always been there..the H thing...but Ciao will not change it anyway..hence the really clever "revenge" raters give H and not UH!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
TheHairyGodmother

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyFri 01 Jun 2007, 00:50

Personally I feel it is a waste of time reporting vindictive ratings. I have fallen foul to two clearly vindictive ratings (to me at least), one around 2 months ago and one around 3 weeks ago. I have reported both but nothing has been done. why bother?
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyFri 01 Jun 2007, 01:56

Well I'm not sure what ratings it was, but whenever I have reported NH rating Ciao has done something about those.

Even if nothing gets done I would report the vindictive ratings anyway, it takes seconds. Perhaps if others fell foul to such abuse and reported it then something might be done with the account.

Certainly not get stressed about it though!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] EmptyFri 01 Jun 2007, 01:58

I think reporting abuse on Ciao is a nightmare...filling in fields etc...I dont have time for it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or? [picture]   Is it me or? [picture] Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it me or? [picture]
Page 1 of 1