www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dooyoo "about me" or profile

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mum52

Mum52

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Dooyoo "about me" or profile Empty
PostSubject: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 23:27

Do the same rules apply on Dooyoo as on Ciao, where you can't mention your reviews, advertise websites and so on?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 23:37

I asked Sebastien about this and as long as its not blatent then there is no objection. I think if he saw the same person reading the same person and no one else, then that might give suspicion as to motives, and that reading around the site is the best way, but as far as he was concerned there was no problem with discussing your reviews.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Mum52

Mum52

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 23:41

So, it would be alright to say something like, "I've written a new review about xyz."
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 23:47

Quote :
So, it would be alright to say something like, "I've written a new review about xyz."

Can't see the point myself. If they are on your page, they will see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jill Murphy

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 10:49

The only time I've seen Dooyoo ask a member to remove an About Me was just the once and it was a racist slogan on there. I've seen affiliate links and all sorts on Dooyoo About Me sections. I left Ciao before they started faffing on with all this About Me micromanagement stuff, and it all sounds very much like junior school to me.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 11:13

My thoughts as well. I think about about me pressures are silly. It seemed to have started when the adoption scheme was going and people considered things link "go see my sister" as advertising though I could never actually believe that someone would go see their sister because of an about me. It's a situation that was silly and I think ciao tried to clarify it by wielding a big boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo "about me" or profile   Dooyoo "about me" or profile Empty

Back to top Go down

Dooyoo "about me" or profile
Page 1 of 1