www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Government supporting marriage

Go down 
+2
helencbradshaw
spoilt_little_brat
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Government supporting marriage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 00:49

Keep paying your taxes, Phil - don't know that mandate will take off however..!.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 01:05

koshkha wrote:
Quick question almost guaranteed to offend but not intended to.

Wormy, Brat - why did you choose to have a kid and not get married? It's your choice, I respect that but surely there's no commitment stronger than having a kid together (shouldn't be anyway) so why stay unmarried?

(or does wormy have a mad ex-wife in the attic?)

Like wormy's pal who's marrying a girl he met a few months ago, I got married 5 months and one day after I met my husband despite living at different ends of the country for the next 9 months. I knew he was 'the one'. I realise that's not normal but I just don't get WHY people don't get married but DO have kids.

To me there's always that little element of people 'keeping their options open' which surely isn't the right way to bring up kids (i.e with one eye on the door).

OK, you can all shout at me now.

Bit strange really but we wanted to get married and have a baby and the baby just came first and we booked our wedding yesterday Very Happy It was always the intention to get married and we were engaged and planning our wedding when I got pregnant so having a baby first wasn't really an issue for us, and we have been together 6 years so were obviously not the type to rush things Razz and this way Caleb will part of our wedding which will make it all the more special for us.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 01:25

Excellent. Good for you.

When's the wedding and are we all e-invited?
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 11:18

lol, invitations by e-mail Laughing Booked for 15th August 2009, ages away yet but some places even booked up till 2011 Shocked
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 13:19

Saw you had booked your venue from your message on Facebook Lisa, where've you picked...
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 16:54

And it takes 2 years to save up for the damn thing, the venues two and a half grand alone Sad
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 00:49

(again not a dig, honestly)

People will spend X thousands of pounds on a wedding, most of the time saving up, but need the state to fund a baby. hmmm

(yup, again, is really an observation overall)
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 10:36

Yeah I really do understand your point. although it REALLY helps, I still know we could cope without the government help, and as I said we only get real basics which everyone can have (if you earn under £58k).

I do sometimes wonder how people, who you read about in the papers, are found to be paid £30k a year in benefits, how do they get so much!?!
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 17:03

drewboy wrote:
(again not a dig, honestly)

People will spend X thousands of pounds on a wedding, most of the time saving up, but need the state to fund a baby. hmmm

(yup, again, is really an observation overall)

Sacrifices will have to be made for us to be able to save this money I can assure you !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Government supporting marriage   Government supporting marriage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Government supporting marriage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk :: MEMBERS FUN AREA :: CURRENT AFFAIRS-
Jump to: