www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christian foster parents V gay rights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Christian foster parents V gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyWed 24 Oct 2007, 22:21

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=489285&in_page_id=1770

Since when did bigotry become part of modern cristianity?

Shame on the couple for not just accepting that there may be a child who is gay and will need their support, and shame on the social services for taking achild away who was happy with the couple for 2 years.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 01:29

I hate that paper.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 11:44

spoilt_little_brat wrote:

Since when did bigotry become part of modern christianity?
It always has been if you listen to some Christians, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 11:54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=489285&in_page_id=1770

Since when did bigotry become part of modern cristianity?

Shame on the couple for not just accepting that there may be a child who is gay and will need their support, and shame on the social services for taking achild away who was happy with the couple for 2 years.

In principle I think the council did the right thing although in practice it does seem unsatisfactory to remove a child from its foster parents after two years.

In general if foster parents are not able to accept homosexuality as 'normal' in today's society then I don't think they are suitable to be foster parents.

and yes, I hate thet paper too!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 11:58

I'd agree with Mauri too, although why they were then approved given the depth of the process of adoption/fostering if this attitude (which no doubt involves other areas besides homosexuality) prevails. Now a kid, who was only placed with them two years ago is a victim once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 15:00

One of the foster parents was on TV this morning. He said it was because they were made to feel they had to almost make being gay sound 'appealing' and that it was 'normal'- his view NOT mine I would like to point out before the backlash starts!

Although I feel sorry for the child involved, I think it is wrong for a child to be in care with someone who is open to the fact that they would discourage being gay. It's like breeding a new population of homophobics.

Also what if it was a race or colour the foster parents had a problem with? Do you think people would be so dismissive of this story then?
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 16:51

One of the foster parents was on TV this morning. He said it was because they were made to feel they had to almost make being gay sound 'appealing' and that it was 'normal'- his view NOT mine I would like to point out before the backlash starts!

Although I feel sorry for the child involved, I think it is wrong for a child to be in care with someone who is open to the fact that they would discourage being gay. It's like breeding a new population of homophobics.

Also what if it was a race or colour the foster parents had a problem with? Do you think people would be so dismissive of this story then?

Homosexuality is as 'normal' as heterosexuality. It is seen in the animal kingdom as well as in humans. There is absolutely no reason on earth why two adults should not freely enter into a homosexual relationship. This ralationship can be as loving and happy as any heterosexual relationship or it can be as desctructive and unhappy as any heterosexual relationship... that's life! It's not my business or anyone else's business to tell them what they should or shouldn't do. If we are to have a tolerant and fair society we cannot accept the idea that there is something wrong with being gay, whether this belief is religious or not and our laws and common practises should reflect this.

I have no sympathy for any doctrine which tries to enshrine bigotry, the fact that this might allegedly come from the bible or any other religious book doesn't matter it is still bigotry!
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 19:39

What if they were asked to foster an Asian kid who is not Christian? Are they then allowed to tell the kid that they don't agree with the religion they were originally brought up in and 'force' their beliefs on them?

They are wrong, and should not be foster parents.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 22:02

drewboy wrote:
What if they were asked to foster an Asian kid who is not Christian? Are they then allowed to tell the kid that they don't agree with the religion they were originally brought up in and 'force' their beliefs on them?

They are wrong, and should not be foster parents.

Yeah a very valid point and one I agree with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian foster parents V gay rights   Christian foster parents V gay rights Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian foster parents V gay rights
Page 1 of 1