www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driving on the hard shoulder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Driving on the hard shoulder Empty
PostSubject: Driving on the hard shoulder   Driving on the hard shoulder EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 22:26

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7061188.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_hard_shoulders

Do you think this will work?

It seems to have worked ok on the M42, but as far as I know the M42 has the most cameras on it and so was easier to control.

I am still worried about what if the emergency services need to get by or if a car breaks down.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Driving on the hard shoulder   Driving on the hard shoulder EmptyThu 25 Oct 2007, 23:57

I quite like the way it works round B'ham but it scares me to think of what would happen if someone broke down.

The best thing I've seen for easing conjestion has been an experiment on the A14 (a major two-lane East-West route that runs from the end of the M6 across to the East coast) where trucks are banned from the over-taking lane during the main part of the day. If this could be made a general policy we could cut the incidence of 'truck doing 56 mph overtaking truck doing 55.5 mph with LONG tail back of frustrated car drivers behind'.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Driving on the hard shoulder   Driving on the hard shoulder EmptyFri 26 Oct 2007, 10:47

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the A14 for the reason you said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving on the hard shoulder   Driving on the hard shoulder Empty

Back to top Go down

Driving on the hard shoulder
Page 1 of 1