www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drinking whilst pregnant

Go down 
+2
koshkha
WormThatTurned
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

Drinking whilst pregnant Empty
PostSubject: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 12:44

Kerry Katona caused a stir last week by saying she is drinking during her third pregnancy and that she did during the previous two AND that there is nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of controversy on this issue because the government has given out such conflicting advice over the last few years.

Personally I think you shouldnt drink at all because what you intake goes straight to the baby. A lot of people would disagree with me. Should I even be allowed to have an opinion on this topic at all because its the woman who produce the child ? What are your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 14:23

This is just one more of the many things on the list of stupid things that Kerry Katona has done to damage her kids and make a total arse of herself.

The woman is a walking car-crash - the public is just fascinated to see what she'll do next to f*** her life up. Publicity hungry, talentless and pathologically stupid - and those are just her more endearing characteristics.

I think if you're going to drink when you are pregnant (more than a very occasional glass) then if you have any sense at all you'll keep your gob shut about it.

Should you be allowed an opinion? Yes of course. Just like we were all allowed an opinion about your wine consumption. If someone puts their behaviour into the public domain, they can expect others to have an opinion. Whether your opinion or mine (as someone who doesn't have kids) is as valid as that of a woman who has had kids is another matter. Laughing
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 18:51

koshkha wrote:

Should you be allowed an opinion? Yes of course. Just like we were all allowed an opinion about your wine consumption. If someone puts their behaviour into the public domain, they can expect others to have an opinion. Whether your opinion or mine (as someone who doesn't have kids) is as valid as that of a woman who has had kids is another matter. Laughing

lol!

She was in the papers the other day saying 'I don't do drugs whilst pregnant', but yet there she is seen doing the biggest drug of all- smoking. That woman makes me so mad.

I think it is madness to drink while you are pregnant, I didn't drink a drop, even for my 21st. The way I look on it is, everything you put into your body goes straight to the baby, it's just not worth the bother and if you can't stop drinking for 9 months for the sake of your unborn child then you have serious problems.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 19:48

koshkha wrote:

Should you be allowed an opinion? Yes of course. Just like we were all allowed an opinion about your wine consumption. :
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 20:46

WormThatTurned wrote:
koshkha wrote:

Should you be allowed an opinion? Yes of course. Just like we were all allowed an opinion about your wine consumption. :
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Should that not be drunken

tongue
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 21:44

But then is this not a recent thing? I know my mum drank when pregnant with me, Guinness was one of her cravings (I now can't stand the stuff!)

While I wouldn't have though heavy drinking was a great idea, moderate drinking has gone on for quite few decades while pregnant. Is there any evidence to suggest that it is inherently bad for the baby?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 22:17

I think the recent opinion of the so-called experts was that a couple of units a week wouldn't be a problem and if it helped you relax, all the better.

I feel so sorry for pregnant women - no eggs, no cheese, no booze, no........... blah blah blah. It must be such a drag. It's a wonder the human race didn't go extinct zillions of years ago when nobody had folic acid supplements.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 22:39

Personally I dont think I would drink, or certinaly not more than one a week or so, however a lot of babies are born healthy enough, to women who drink a small amount of alcohol.

However if there was something wrong with the baby, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself and it seems like a sensible thing to do (in fact stopping drinking when trying to get pregnant is also sensible)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 23:09

here is a link saying it can be ok to drink...

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/news/Oct07/14.10.07_alcohol.asp
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyMon 29 Oct 2007, 23:11

And here is one from the same web site only a few months earlier saying dont Rolling Eyes

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/news/May07/25.05.07_alcohol.asp
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant EmptyTue 30 Oct 2007, 11:20

I had a couple of drinks while pregnant with my first child, Christmas and my birthday if I recall but nothing with my second as I just didn't fancy it at all. Then i was breast feeding and didn't drink and now i just don't really like it anymore. I have the occasional bottle of lager or glass of bubbly at xmas but that's it! I feel good about that too becasue it is not something i craved while giving up - like my ciggies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drinking whilst pregnant   Drinking whilst pregnant Empty

Back to top Go down

Drinking whilst pregnant
Page 1 of 1