www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guiding

Go down 
+2
kenjohn
Mauri
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Guiding   Guiding EmptyWed 31 Oct 2007, 15:31

I'm stepping down as Sport category guide, if anyone wants to take over please contact Dooyoo/Jared asap (conditions apply Laughing ).

It's not a very busy category so it might be ideal for someone new to guiding.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 13:29

Question to any Guides who are members here

Has Mauri been replaced as Sport's Guide yet, as he's still listed as such on the Community Page, but I haven't seen him active at the site for about 5 or 6 weeks?

Reason I ask is that I have a number of sports reviews at the embryo stage that I'd like to complete and post, but I don't want to do so when their isn't a current Sports Guide active on the site, as everyone is aware that a review in a Category without a Guide has FAR less chance of receiving a wee jaggy bunnet. (Crown)

Oh, and BTW, I'm NOT thinking of applying myself. I've had my stint as a Guide, and for personal reasons wont be re-applying any time soon.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 22:55

Nope no one has replaced him yet so hold on those reviews. Apparently a couple of prospective guides have been approached for some of the vacancies but no responses have been received.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 22:55

Oh and there is a vacancy in Books as well if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 22:59

atticusuk wrote:
Nope no one has replaced him yet so hold on those reviews. Apparently a couple of prospective guides have been approached for some of the vacancies but no responses have been received.

So some things never change
Surprised
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyMon 07 Jan 2008, 23:03

atticusuk wrote:
Oh and there is a vacancy in Books as well if anyone is interested.

Thought that plipplop was doing books?

As well as film and audio/hifi. he must be a busy boy Razz
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 13:58

Think it was a co-guiding thing with Mauri, anyway there is a vacancy.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 16:05

atticusuk wrote:

Why don't you take it on on a temporary basis yourself?
You'd be one of the current batch of Guides I trust the most in terms of reading, rating and Crown noms.

It's not a busy Category, and would most likely only take you about 5 minutes a day to read the reviews posted there. (Unless, of course, it was one of my own epics. Heh, heh)
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 16:07

atticusuk wrote:
Think it was a co-guiding thing with Mauri, anyway there is a vacancy.

Let me get my head around this fully. Are you in fact saying that nobody is covering books at present? If so, that's REAL bad, as it's one of the busier Categories.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 17:07

No I think it is co-guided with Phil so there is still cover in place.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 17:09

kenjohn wrote:
atticusuk wrote:

You'd be one of the current batch of Guides I trust the most in terms of reading, rating and Crown noms.

It's not a busy Category, and would most likely only take you about 5 minutes a day to read the reviews posted there. (Unless, of course, it was one of my own epics. Heh, heh)

Personally I think one category is enough and I will struggle to find the time to get onto Dooyoo over the next few weeks, I would rather see them get themsleves organised and make some appointments rather than constantly rely on the same old group of people.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 18:51

atticusuk wrote:
Personally I think one category is enough and I will struggle to find the time to get onto Dooyoo over the next few weeks, I would rather see them get themsleves organised and make some appointments rather than constantly rely on the same old group of people.

I think one Category per Guide is more than enough too, but fully understand why sometimes it's necessary to "double up". Pity you're so busy over the next few weeks, as it means Sports is still uncovered. (I have somewhat of a proprietary interest as I was the Guide there myself for a long period, and it's one of my favourite Categories)

I'd also like to see dooyoo getting organised and sorting out the Guiding system once and for all, but I suppose it's not really one of their priorities at present. (But is it ever???)
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 23:35

Rachael has also stepped down so Speakers and I think Services are available as well lthough she is staying on until a replacement is found.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyTue 08 Jan 2008, 23:57

atticusuk wrote:
Rachael has also stepped down so Speakers and I think Services are available as well though she is staying on until a replacement is found.

Doesn't sound like a very happy bunch of campers!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 11:18

kenjohn wrote:
atticusuk wrote:
Rachael has also stepped down so Speakers and I think Services are available as well though she is staying on until a replacement is found.

Doesn't sound like a very happy bunch of campers!

That would be an assumption on your behalf and you know what they say about what it means to assume Very Happy

Just think January is a busy time for a lot of people and a month of change in lots of ways hence the reason for people stepping down.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyWed 09 Jan 2008, 22:46

Ken, if you want to post in Sports be assured it will be read. I'll read it, (so there's a guaranteed 1.5p for ya!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 01:02

kenjohn wrote:

Heck Ken, I'm confused (easily done since becoming a mother). This is NOT a dig, nor is it looking for an argument, but there's a thread saying you're against guides doubling up because of potential bias, now here you say it's OK if YOU happen to trust the guide... so come on, which guides who have multiple categories DON'T you trust... Yes I know you'll say that your suggestion is only "on a temporary basis" - well, most multiple category appointments are "temporary", it's not the guide's fault that that's not remedied by dooyoo. We pass on discontent, we feed back to dooyoo but ultimately matters are out of our control. Much of the feedback is, I believe done direct to dooyoo rather than through the guidesite and I can, hand on heart, say that I pass on that which I'm asked to, or that which I believe dooyoo should know about generally without comment positive or negative. I'm speaking for me now but I'm feeling a bit unfairly done by now....

...and I would like to know who you have an issue with (privately if necessary)
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 02:47

helencbradshaw wrote:
Ken, if you want to post in Sports be assured it will be read. I'll read it, (so there's a guaranteed 1.5p for ya!)

Ah, that's nice of you Helen. (Genuinely. I'm not being sarcastic)

Not too bothered about the 1.5p though.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 03:09

CareBear wrote:

Heck Ken, I'm confused (easily done since becoming a mother). This is NOT a dig, nor is it looking for an argument, but there's a thread saying you're against guides doubling up because of potential bias, now here you say it's OK if YOU happen to trust the guide... so come on, which guides who have multiple categories DON'T you trust... Yes I know you'll say that your suggestion is only "on a temporary basis" - well, most multiple category appointments are "temporary", it's not the guide's fault that that's not remedied by dooyoo. We pass on discontent, we feed back to dooyoo but ultimately matters are out of our control. Much of the feedback is, I believe done direct to dooyoo rather than through the guidesite and I can, hand on heart, say that I pass on that which I'm asked to, or that which I believe dooyoo should know about generally without comment positive or negative. I'm speaking for me now but I'm feeling a bit unfairly done by now....

...and I would like to know who you have an issue with (privately if necessary)

Of course I'm suggesting to Richard that he should take over Sports only on a temporary basis. I was a Guide long enough myself to know that we don't live in a perfect dooyoo world, and that sometimes it's necessary for a Guide to take over more than one Category simply because of the lack of suitable applicants. (Or lack of applicants) I did it myself on more than one occasion.
I suggested this to Richard simply because he's perfectly suited to the Guiding role in Sports (my opinion) as the second most Crowned member in the Category. Also he currently Guides in Motors, which is also a quiet Category, so I thought it wouldn't be too much of an imposition on him. Anyways, it's a moot point, as he's simply too busy to consider it at present.

If you're not having a "dig" at me, then please believe me when I say I'm not having a dig at you. I have no issues with you whatsoever, and think you do a grand job as a Guide. So don't feel "unfairly done by".

As for who I have an issue with. I don't have an "issue" with anyone at present, and wouldn't DREAM of "naming names" even if I had. I'll leave that dirty wee trick to the other forum. (Which shall also remain nameless)

In fact, I'm currently enjoying dooyoo more than at anytime since about 2001! (Apart from the dreadful new payment system) I'm simply raising points for discussion.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 10:03

Fair dos. I just can't stand by when I think there's a question over my fidelity.

And, if you do have an issue with any guide I'd hope you'd let dooyoo know (I'm sure you would!) - I must have read more into your statement about Richard being one of a batch of guides that you'd trust the most than you intended.

You must confess there's a certain dischord between the two threads now though.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 13:14

CareBear wrote:
Fair dos. I just can't stand by when I think there's a question over my fidelity.

And, if you do have an issue with any guide I'd hope you'd let dooyoo know (I'm sure you would!) - I must have read more into your statement about Richard being one of a batch of guides that you'd trust the most than you intended.

You must confess there's a certain dischord between the two threads now though.

You better believe it. If I have any cribs to make the one thing I could NEVER be accused of is being slow to voice my concerns. In fact, that's why I've written so many recent reviews on the site criticising the new payment system, and the main reason I went against my better instincts and joined this forum!

I don't see any problem in me stating I would prefer the style of one Guide over another, or that I trust certain Guides more than others. It's simply the truth.

As for "discord between the two threads." Granted it might appear that way. But the two Categories I suggested Richard might consider covering on a temporary basis are VERY quiet. (Like you say your own are)
If it had been two BUSY categories I would never have suggested it!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 23:31

In case there was any speculation as to why I am leaving guiding, I don't have the time to devote to it or do it properly any more since being offered full time writing work.

If anything thinks that they would be suitable for SPEAKERS CORNER and SERVICES or any of the positions available, then do contact Dooyoo and find out if there is a place you are suited to and skilled enough to tackle.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
kenjohn

kenjohn

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 12:11

Thingywhatsit wrote:
In case there was any speculation as to why I am leaving guiding, I don't have the time to devote to it or do it properly any more since being offered full time writing work.

Many congrats on the full time writing position Rachel. I wish you every success.

Ken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 12:31

Thanks Ken, it is rewarding and interesting as I am presented with different topics every week and it is stretching my imagination and researching abilities to the max. Absolutely love it.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

Guiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding   Guiding Empty

Back to top Go down

Guiding
Page 1 of 1