www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Rewards System in LIVE!

Go down 
+14
kenjohn
scream4bruce
spoilt_little_brat
marandina
dididave
clownfoot
berlioz
atticusuk
WendyBull
HotBabes
belfin
Jared
koshkha
CareBear
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2008, 18:29

If there is any back log it is likely to be due more with whether or not a guide has read the review in that category, given the vacancies that can be an issue in some categories as there is no one to read the reviews and you need more than one non member nomination before Dooyoo will look at the review.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2008, 11:16

Acually I had a crown added yesterday so I was wrong. Still managed to get through 16 days of the year before I was wrong on any subject.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 14:26

OK. End of the month, and the little experiment I’ve been conducting has come to an end. I wanted to highlight just how easy it is to make money at dooyoo by working the new payment system to your advantage, and its absolute folly from a financial viewpoint for dooyoo.

I began by posting no less than 14 reviews on the 29th December, with little regard for length or quality. (Although none of them received anything less than an overall rating of “useful”) I then settled down a wee bit, as writing such inane reviews was somewhat boring, but still managed to post a total of 49 reviews over the 30 day period. A total of 7 of the 49 reviews were Crowned.

My point is this. With only minimal effort on my part I have managed to accumulate the grand total of around 75,000 dooyoo miles (or £75) in payment for my efforts.

I’m by no means the most prolific poster since the payment system changed. In fact, a Guide takes that honour. So other members will have earned far more than I have.

I don’t know what other people think, but in my opinion this level of payment is unsustainable on a long term basis from dooyoo’s point of view. It’s simply way too high, and places the emphasis almost totally on quantity of reviews written and not on the quality of the review. (As it was in the past)
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 16:28

That is a lot of money! I hope dooyoo can sustain it - I would be gutted if anything happened and they weren't about anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 17:24

I've also been looking at the difference that I've made this month and although I've only written 12 reviews (about the average for me on a quiet month like this one), I'm actually down about £5 on what I would have earned with the same reads and ratings on the old system.

Although £5 doesn't maybe seem that much over a month, that's £60 a year and could quite easily help to buy my kids Christmas pressies or other treats. Not happy with that either although I can't see me starting to churn because I think it just ruins the site.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 20:20

Guess it depends what you mean by ruin. Clearly the payment system is designed to promote more reviews so from that view point in the eyes of Dooyoo it is not ruining the site. You can see from the community page that quality is still something they consider important but maybe their definition differs a little from our own perceptions.

Whether it could spell financial ruin is another matter, as Ken points out there are many other writers who are more prolific that he is and thus earning even more from the site. That depends on the budget Dooyoo have allocated, naturally before they go bust they can always cHange the reward system.

Whether or not the new structure does ruin the enjoyment of some members of the site well that I could understand. I think I have only written once or twice this month which is normal during term time and I struggle to read outside of my category, having said that if I do write during half term I might be tempted to write a few short reviews rather than my longer more detailed ones, the ratonal would be a guaranteed 2,500 miles plus reads for five reviews or one long one for about 900 miles and the off chance of a crown.

Personally if I was writing on a category I prefer I would probably go for the latter, if it was one like films or music I would go for the first strategy as in those categories there are much better writers than me who produce a better quality of work hence the chances of a crown for me are less in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008, 20:43

I probably should have explained that better, lol.

I worry about all those types of ruins if I'm honest. Obviously no one wants the site to get into financial difficulties because we all seem to care quite passionately about writing good reviews and letting consumers know about good or bad points.

The first thing I do if I'm about to buy something that I know little about is find out if there are any reviews on the site first and see what's being said about it so secondly I worry that the site could be ruined because of lack of information and personal experience. After all there's nothing worse than clicking on a review to find little more than the manufacturer's specs. This could affect how advertisers see the site and discourage non-members from visiting too.

Thirdly, it is disheartening for those members who do try to describe products well with lots of personal experience, to see people who basically write lots of crap reviews getting paid more. I don't want to see a lot of people whose opinions I respect stopping writing for the site and I have fears that this might happen. I have noticed that some members seem to be visiting less already.

Hope that clears that up although I probably said more than I was intending to.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2008, 12:30

belfin wrote:
I don't want to see a lot of people whose opinions I respect stopping writing for the site and I have fears that this might happen. I have noticed that some members seem to be visiting less already.

I agree. This is a very real danger.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptySun 03 Feb 2008, 22:04

belfin wrote:

Thirdly, it is disheartening for those members who do try to describe products well with lots of personal experience, to see people who basically write lots of crap reviews getting paid more. I don't want to see a lot of people whose opinions I respect stopping writing for the site and I have fears that this might happen. I have noticed that some members seem to be visiting less already.

Hope that clears that up although I probably said more than I was intending to.

I dont want 'crap' reviews either (well more accurate I dont want reviews of products where people are fraudulently claiming to have experience), however content is needed far more than one "well written"review. I.e. if 50 people rate accordingly, then even if their review is not the best, at least you know that they rate it 75% on average, something you can never know with one or two reviews per product.

I am amazed when i see comments complimenting a writer and then stating that a review will be withheld as it cannot compete with the first one, that's not the point of review sites unfortunately...Better to have 300 3 paragraph reviews and an average rate, than a journalistic masterpiece which no one feels they can follow and so the genuine consumer has no idea how far widespread that opinion actually is.

Not noticed any drop off in behaviours, but then busy keeping up with my own category and then selective reading in my favourites after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Feb 2008, 03:56

So... did I miss anything. Laughing

Go away a while, and they re-jig everything. For the record, I'm skeptical of the new miles system, and I will probably lose out from it. The quality/quantity balance is a little precarious, but the site doesn't seem to have fallen apart either. Although I've only been back for about an hour now, so I'll dig deeper. ha.

These sites keep searching for the perfect system. Wish I had a window on their finances.
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Feb 2008, 10:55

I just got £14 in the Ciao premium fund. Once I'd picked myself off the floor I did some sums and realised it made Ciao a much better payer in January than dooyoo. I now HAVE to get a crown on just about everything to match what I can earn on Ciao - it used to be that dooyoo won hands down but not any more.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Feb 2008, 11:22

koshkha wrote:
I just got £14 in the Ciao premium fund. Once I'd picked myself off the floor I did some sums and realised it made Ciao a much better payer in January than dooyoo. I now HAVE to get a crown on just about everything to match what I can earn on Ciao - it used to be that dooyoo won hands down but not any more.

Thats all good, I think I got twelve quid a while back, what I would say though is that if you can come back in six months and tell me you have earned that much every month then I will say you can earn more on ciao from the mysterious premium fund. The thing with dooyoo is, at least you know what your getting!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Feb 2008, 12:28

I concur with Mr Dave. Getting big PF of a month (over £2.50) will make me a bigger earner on Ciao than Dooyoo probably more to do with the amount of reviews I post, but it's never consistent and, like Crowns, never relied upon.

I haven't cross-posted in a while though. Might bung a few on Ciao this month and see if I can make a fortune (which I obviously should because my reviews are ace) Wink
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Feb 2008, 14:28

For all I criticise dooyoo, I have to say that it's been quite some considerable time since Ciao came anywhere close to being such a good site as dooyoo is. (If indeed it ever was!)

Dooyoo win hands down in my opinion, (and always have) notwithstanding any comparisons regarding payment systems.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Feb 2008, 16:02

Definately, from the seven reviews I posted across from Dooyoo to Ciao I made £2 in the premium fund, merely posting 7 reviews on Dooyoo earns more than that without reads and crowns, the fact that half of these were crown reviews means that Dooyoo spanks Ciao when it comes to payment. Total waste of space in my opinion other than serving as a place to cross post.
Back to top Go down
marcellep

marcellep

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2008, 23:52

Can someone help me

As you all know I am now back on Dooyoo and Ciao alike

I done a review (feel free to read lol) now it says under my account that I have 1065 pending (miles)????

What does that mean
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2008, 00:17

It means that you have to wait a few days until they go onto your claimable points total.

It's to stop people signing up, posting 2000 copied reviews at 50p per time and then cashing out the £1000 before they get caught.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rewards System in LIVE!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3