www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miles In Speaker’s Corner

Go down 
+7
Ciao's Favourite Member
koshkha
spoilt_little_brat
helencbradshaw
dididave
Thingywhatsit
kenjohn
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 19:15

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:

Fair enough Ken. As a result of your thread(s) some of your points have been raised on the guides group and I've paraphrased the responses in various posts above and I hope you got the answers you were looking for. If you want to use me as a conduit to Dooyoo or the Guide's group, then feel free to PM me here or on Dooyoo.

I hardly think that's a likely scenario, do you? Me either sending you a PM or using you as a conduit to dooyoo or the Guides' Group.
If proper courtesy had been afforded me in the first place by dooyoo, then as a member in good standing and a former Guide of LONG standing, I would still be able to access the Guides' Group.

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Not really. Aren't the majority of reviews within the category all about cars in some shape or form? To me, that means the category is about cars, not Dooyoo rewards or whatever. I personally don't believe that a lack of category description gives a member carte blanche to post what they choose a la Ciao's dreadful A – Z categories. As a long-term member, I know that these categories are a hangover from the dreadful Aurora and that they used to be listed under their parent categories in the consumer end of the site and that, should I choose to post within them, seeing what's already posted in the category is a prudent move.

This is the kind of thing I was suggesting at the start of the thread where members could/should be informing Dooyoo when they spot such a thing (and category guides should definitely do it).

Hmmm...The category in question is certainly about cars NOW.
However, I don't believe that was the case when I posted my review. It was simply "General Comments", which was why (as an experienced member) I posted it there in the first place. (Forgive my suspicious nature)
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 EmptySat 02 Feb 2008, 19:39

kenjohn wrote:
I hardly think that's a likely scenario, do you? Me either sending you a PM or using you as a conduit to dooyoo or the Guides' Group.
If proper courtesy had been afforded me in the first place by dooyoo, then as a member in good standing and a former Guide of LONG standing, I would still be able to access the Guides' Group.

No, I think it's extremely unlikely, but the offer's still there.

kenjohn wrote:
Hmmm...The category in question is certainly about cars NOW.
However, I don't believe that was the case when I posted my review. It was simply "General Comments", which was why (as an experienced member) I posted it there in the first place. (Forgive my suspicious nature)

Weren't the other "reviews" in the category, going back YEARS, about cars?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 EmptySat 02 Feb 2008, 20:44

kenjohn wrote:

Glad to hear you're not a "mouthpiece" for dooyoo Helen, although you might be forgiven for thinking so given that most of what you say could be taken straight from the dooyoo better business manual.
pointless insult.
kenjohn wrote:

I've stated very clearly in previous posts and in my review on the topic over at the main site as to exactly why I disagree with your assertion that SC doesn't fit in with dooyoo's long term plans and profitability. My belief is that SC is a valuable asset to the site, and as such should be treated if not equally then at least with some consideration by dooyoo.
and i have stated my view very clearly in my previous posts...
kenjohn wrote:

The only people who can provide "concrete evidence" of the value (or otherwise) of SC are dooyoo themselves, and they are conspicuous by their absence in this thread and this forum.
I agree they are the only ones who can provide concrete evidence. I however was assuming they had read their concrete evidence when they overhauled their payment system recently.
kenjohn wrote:

However, I do take exception to your purely business approach to the topic. Dooyoo as a company wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for their members. Dooyoo recognise this fact by trying to make their site "sticky" by creating things like the Community Page, comment boxes, competitions, and Guides to try to further engender this sense of community.
It's too bad if you take exception to be honest, my opinion is valid. Dooyoo do recognise their members, I agree. Heck they even pay miles unlike their orange competition.
kenjohn wrote:

SC gives members get the chance to find out far more about their fellow dooyoo members than any other Category, and as such its value to the site is more than can be measured simply in financial terms. Although I repeat (once again) that my suggestion would actually save dooyoo money in comparison to the current payment system.
I am not sure that finding out about fellow members has all that much value to the business..not really. I think your financial proposal is a little simplistic also, particularly in light of your other post about your little experiment
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 EmptySun 03 Feb 2008, 02:14

Guys...... could I make a plea for sanity and ask for someone to lock this thread before it goes beyond the point of patching up and being civil ever again.

I can see both sides of the argument but I think old ground is just being churned up and nothing is moving forward. It was fun (sort of) for a while but now things seem to be degenerating and I think we should call it a day.

As my mum would say 'I think a few heads need banging together'.

Can you all please call a truce and move on to something new??
Pretty please??
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 EmptySun 03 Feb 2008, 03:47

koshkha wrote:
I can see both sides of the argument but I think old ground is just being churned up and nothing is moving forward. It was fun (sort of) for a while but now things seem to be degenerating and I think we should call it a day.

It's OK...I'm done. No point in saying any more. It's all been said, nobody's listening (surprise, surprise), and I'm fed up banging my head against a brick wall. It's just not worth it.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 EmptySun 03 Feb 2008, 12:42

People have listened. People have responded. People just haven't agreed which seems to be the main problem. Dooyoo will have the last word with how they act on the category.

However, I agree with koshkha now, the thread is being locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miles In Speaker’s Corner   Miles In Speaker’s Corner - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miles In Speaker’s Corner
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5