www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IVF Deception - Wife forges signature

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

IVF Deception - Wife forges signature Empty
PostSubject: IVF Deception - Wife forges signature   IVF Deception - Wife forges signature EmptyMon 03 Mar 2008, 17:14

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=524229&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand

A wife forged her ex-husbands signature twice to give cinsent to use frozen embryos created while they were still together.

The husband is now taking her to court.

Do you think she was wrong to use the embryos as they were created while they were still together?

Do you think the law should be changed so once the embryos are frozen no further consent is needed?

I know a lot of women who would do anything including lie like this to have a child, and really feel sorry for this women.

However, I just can't feel sorry for a woman who knew she was breaking the law by forging a signature and fully understand where the farther is coming from. So far I seem alone in this thinking.

Your views?
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: IVF Deception - Wife forges signature   IVF Deception - Wife forges signature EmptyMon 03 Mar 2008, 21:36

Hmm. When I first read it, I thought "no way, she is wrong"

However, I am actually less comfortable with the embryo's being frozen in the first place - but then that is a different matter!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: IVF Deception - Wife forges signature   IVF Deception - Wife forges signature EmptyMon 03 Mar 2008, 22:56

She's wrong. Just as the recent court case where another woman tried to get custody of the embryos, the ex-partner has the same rights to say 'no' as she has to say 'yes'.

I wonder what would happen in one of these cases if the ex-partner wanted an embryo for his new girlfriend. Now that would be a legal minefield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IVF Deception - Wife forges signature   IVF Deception - Wife forges signature Empty

Back to top Go down

IVF Deception - Wife forges signature
Page 1 of 1