www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What unpopular opinions do you have ?

Go down 
+10
duskmaiden
plipplop
fizzywizzy
atticusuk
WormThatTurned
drewboy
dididave
helencbradshaw
koshkha
spoilt_little_brat
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

What unpopular opinions do you have ? Empty
PostSubject: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptySun 30 Mar 2008, 17:01

Well I will start, although I am sure I will think of some more!

# I am pro the Iraq war

# I am breastapo and think every mother should try it (and pro public feeding)

# Im pro capital punishment

# I would rather eat cheap meat then no meat

# I hate religion

# I think 99% of 4x4 drivers could and should use a smaller car

# I think all child benefits should be means tested

# I think there should be weekly bin collections

Come on then, lets hear them Smile
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 00:59

I think people shouldn't have more children than they can afford, and should only get benefits for the first two.

I think people shouldn't expect to use ignorance as an excuse for their wrong-doing

I think people who drive carelessly or too fast should be shown some gory videos of what happens in really nasty car accidents and should be treated as badly as drink drivers.

I think anyone who takes up smoking when we've known how dangerous it is for decades is REALLY stupid

I think people should pay for what they throw away just like we pay for all the other resources we use.

I think water metering should be compulsory

I think too many people overheat their homes

I think too many parents cocoon their kids from every little germ and as a result we've got a generation of kids who are allergic to every little thing.

I think 90% of people who claim to have food allergies are just attention seekers who need to get a life.

I don't thing Britain is 'full' and I welcome economic migration.

I think we are far too hard on asylum seekers and far too harsh in the way we treat them.

I think factory farming is an abomination and the selling of meat as a lump of pink stuff wrapped in cellophane has stopped people from thinking about where their food comes from.

I totally and utterly disagree with the death penalty under ANY circumstances

I wish the McCann's would shut up and get over it.

Are those unpopular enough? Shame Phil's not around any more.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 02:14

I agree with all of those - almost- , Barbara! No opinion on the Mccanns but the rest, yes definitely!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 10:09

Oo love this one...

# I think vegetarianism is unnatural.

# I think one parent should always stay at home until the child starts school.

# I think University should not be free.

# I do not think IVF should ever be available on the NHS.

# I do not really agree with and pro-abortion argument.

# I loathe feminisim.

# Almost as much as I loathe political correctness.

# I think everyone should be retested a minimum of five yearly in order to be able to drive.

# I think all people who abuse Parent & Child spaces should be shot.

# I think anyone who does not vaccinate their child against MMR is just a little bit dim.

# I think divorce should not be so easy.

# Neither should marriage.

# I do not believe in bi-sexuality!

# I think the majority of people on dooyoo and ciao read maybe one in ten of the reviews they rate from start to finish.

# I believe more in the Hindu theory of re-incarnation and Karma than anything I have found in Christianity.

# I actually quite like Jehovah's Witnesses!

# I think ALL benefits should be means tested.

# I think everyone trying to claim jobseekers should be doing some sort of work in the community.

And this is the short version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 12:18

LOL, Dididave, keep them coming Smile

I also think IVF should not be offered on the NHS

JCA should only be paid for a max of 4-6 months then after that your on your own.

People who are off work long term for sickness etc should be checked on more.

I think the McCanns should be questioned for neglect

Unless for under 16's, rape or medical reasons, abortion should be illegal
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 12:43

I'm having a good giggle at the bisexuality comment. As a friend of mine said 'Bisexuality is just a fancy word for being greedy'

And as I said to a friend who's a teacher.....

....ADHD is just a fancy term for 'bad parenting'.

Oh, this is so much fun.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 17:59

"Some times men lilke woman. Sometimes men like men. Then there are bi-sexuals - some just say they're kidding themselves........!"

Thanks toMiss Peobie Buffet for that!
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyMon 31 Mar 2008, 19:27

* I think there should be a zero tolerance attitude towards drink driving.

* I would desist with the 'open door policy' towards E.U immigration.

* Whilst I agree climate change is occurring Im sceptical that we have anything to do with it.

* Im pro capital punishment for heinous criminals.

* I hate liberalism.

* I dislike religion and Im totally against religion getting involved in politics.

* I think children are pampered thesedays and should be given back their independence.

* I also think teachers should be given back the powers they once had i.e corporal punishment.

* There should be an earning ceiling on child family allowance.

* I dont agree with IVF for women after the menopause unless its early.

* I too think we should return to weekly bin collections on health grounds.

* I think the government should clamp down on business as much as it has the public with regards to 'our carbon footprint'

* I would license and legalise prositution and tax it alongside a clampdown on illegal prositution.

* I think people who complain about seeing a mother breastfeeding are pathetic.

* Zero tolerance attitude towards crime no matter how trivial. Minor offences resulting in community based punishments.

* I would make prison life tougher. Sentences served and not cut willy nilly. The basics and no luxuries and bad behaviour resulting in the sentence being lengthened.

* A national holiday on St Georges day. It isnt racist to celebrate being English.

* I believe the NHS is second rate and failing. We should just pay health insurance like the rest of Europe and enjoy a much better service.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyTue 01 Apr 2008, 13:57

My turn my turn

I believe that abortion is a sin

I also believe that many people should be sterilised and not allowed to have children.

I do not believe that the death sentence should exist ever.

I would like to kill the delivery driver who left my new Wii on the doorstep for five days while I was on holiday

I'm in favour of immigration

The CSA should be blown up.
I'm in favour of the deportation of dole scroungers to Australia

I hate political correctness

I hate racists which is tough when you live in Northampton

I think that dolphin shows should be banned, if kids want to see dolphins learn to scuba dive.

The drink driving limit should be zero
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyTue 01 Apr 2008, 14:01

Some very interesting ones coming up!

Come on people, this is your chance to rant about more or less anything!

Don't be shy! Smile
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 17:39

Ooh! I love this one!

I believe that in at least 90 per cent of cases kids are either naughty or ill brought up and don't have ADHD

I believe that unemployed people who refuse work and complain about immigrants takign our jobs or asylum seekers getting any kind of help should be conscripted into an exchange programme - tortured asylum seekers can come here and live in the space vacated by the lazy b*stards.

I believe that supermarkets are responsible for the demise of thriving towns and villages

I believe that Delia Smiths new programme is crap

I believe that all phone in "talent" shows should be banne from television
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 18:10

fizzywizzy wrote:
Ooh! I love this one!

I believe that in at least 90 per cent of cases kids are either naughty or ill brought up and don't have ADHD

I believe that unemployed people who refuse work and complain about immigrants takign our jobs or asylum seekers getting any kind of help should be conscripted into an exchange programme - tortured asylum seekers can come here and live in the space vacated by the lazy b*stards.

I believe that supermarkets are responsible for the demise of thriving towns and villages

I believe that Delia Smiths new programme is crap

I believe that all phone in "talent" shows should be banne from television

Delia Smith's new programme is crap. It should be renamed "That's why Delia goes to Iceland".

# I believe GP's actually do work hard for their money.

# I believe teachers get a fair wage.

# So do nurses.

# Carers on the other hand do not!

# I believe people who ride horses should be made to pick up the *Bad Word* on the roads at least as much as dog owners are.

# I think planes are not the main concern when it comes to climate change.

# I think council tax should be means, rather than location and property tested.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 20:08

# I also believe teachers and nurses get a fair wage

# I think refuse collections should be fortnightly, and those who cannot control their consumption and waste should be fined.

# I believe that a lot of problems with (some) children's behaviour is down to poor diet and eating mainly processed foods

# I believe Big Brother and other similar shows are dreadful TV and should be banned.

# I think Child Family Allowance is a pointless benefit and should be scrapped.

# I think people in England get a worse deal for their tax pound than Wales and Scotland

# I think we should be forced into some kind of pensions saving scheme for retirement, with contributions from employers, as is the case in other countries.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 22:31

I also agree with the children and ADHD. I think it is down to poor parenting and diet.

I also think teachers get a fair pay when you think of all the holiday's they get.

I do however think Doctors should work weekends/ nights. People don't just get sick between the hours of 9-5, Monday till Friday.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 00:51

dididave wrote:
I believe teachers get a fair wage.

Ballcocks we do, perfect example of a monopoly employer taking the Michael. Plus the holidays are way too short, I only got three weeks for Easter ad now the customary teacher training day on the first day back has been taken up by mock exam invigilation I tell you it is not fair.

Mate of mine is in the NUT and now has to strike despite his being (like myself) against the concept, glad I joined one of the other unions even if the fact that we do not strike reduces to zero our bargaining power.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 01:28

only three weeks off, you should take time off for stress affraid
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 09:58

And what about the 6 week holidays?

Do you holidays get paid?

I know when I was a LSA we were not Sad (and in some caes were doing more work then the teachers!)
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:19

spoilt_little_brat wrote:

I know when I was a LSA we were not Sad (and in some caes were doing more work then the teachers!)

I think it works differently though, as an LSA you are contracted to work during term-time (officially) and are "allowed" to work elsewhere during the hols.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:25

# I think euthanasia is ethical and necessary.

# I think vivisection is never ethical and abhorrent.

# I think flexible working should be in law in particular circumstances.

# I do not believe that schools should be allowed teach according to religious denomination.

# I think more "native" British people would fail a citizenship test than any immigrant.

# I think we should be taught foreign languages before science in schools.

# I think history and geography should be compulsory in schools.

# I think enumbers should be banned in all food.

# I do not believe we should be giving much aid to third world countries.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:48

dididave wrote:

Why not?
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:51

dididave wrote:

I think it works differently though, as an LSA you are contracted to work during term-time (officially) and are "allowed" to work elsewhere during the hols.

Yes you are right, it's not ideal finding a job just for 6 weeks though (unless you apply for McDonalds etc- ugh).
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 11:25

fizzywizzy wrote:
dididave wrote:

Why not?

Vicious circle. More food parcels, medicines etc just make a population that cannot sustain itself have more problems and become more reliant on aid. Until aid consists primarily of education and supporting people to help themselves, I do not think we should be sending aid there.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 11:26

dididave wrote:

Yes you are right, it's not ideal finding a job just for 6 weeks though (unless you apply for McDonalds etc- ugh).

Oh, I agree, it is difficult but it is one of them were I suppose that is what you sign up for.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 12:03

dididave wrote:
fizzywizzy wrote:
dididave wrote:

Why not?

Vicious circle. More food parcels, medicines etc just make a population that cannot sustain itself have more problems and become more reliant on aid. Until aid consists primarily of education and supporting people to help themselves, I do not think we should be sending aid there.

Its not so much about education - unless African nations are allowed to compete freely in trade then they will always be at a huge disadvantage
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 12:05

dididave wrote:
dididave wrote:

There is always loads of summer work available for qualifed teachers, teaching assistants and other childrens services workers. Since the kids we see are all on holiday we always need extra staff to run sessions during the hols.
Oh, I agree, it is difficult but it is one of them were I suppose that is what you sign up for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What unpopular opinions do you have ?   What unpopular opinions do you have ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk :: MEMBERS FUN AREA :: CURRENT AFFAIRS-
Jump to: