www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woohoo I'm free!

Go down 
+3
Angus
mattygroves
Minnitee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 18:53

Greetings from ex-member Minnitee.

It took ciao less than 90 minutes from me sending them my email asking for my reviews and membership to be deleted, an email I had prepared ages ago, was only waiting for the payment to reach my account.

They must have been so glad to get rid of me that they couldn't wait to delete all my reviews straight away.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 18:58

Have they even replied to you by email?
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 19:04

welcome to the post-ciao brigade. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 19:31

Good grief that was quick. They must be not too busy today.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Minnitee

Minnitee

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 19:35

mattygroves wrote:
Have they even replied to you by email?

No, not a single peep from them, not even to let me know that they received my email and were complying with my wishes.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 20:19

they must have wanted you off the site to act that quick !!! Not even time to change your mind !
Back to top Go down
James564

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 20:39

Quote :
Greetings from ex-member Minnitee

Seriously considering joining you in becoming an ex-member..
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyMon 10 Apr 2006, 20:57

Thingywhatsit wrote:
they must have wanted you off the site to act that quick !!! Not even time to change your mind !

You should have seen the email I shot off to them, there was no way they were going to hang around and let me reconsider. If you thought the one to Jess a while back was open and no holes barred you should have seen the one today. I was so peeved I just didn't care anymore.

I'd been thinking about it for a long time and every time I saw that email still stuck in my draft folder I got angrier. Then this afternoon at 3.15 I clicked on send and at 4.30 I was gone from Ciao.
Back to top Go down
Louise90

Louise90

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2006-02-13

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 00:11

Why are people getting fedup with Ciao and wanting to leave?
Back to top Go down
http://167421.aceboard.net
badcompa

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 11:57

Personally I cant see why all the fuss. Its only a website, if you wish to leave just leave, like who really cares and why do you feel the need to tell everyone. I can never understand folk, I really cant !!!....... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 12:06

each to their own Art I guess.

Ciao became part of my life at one point, which looking back now, was really sad.

The three months I took away from all the review sites and forums was an eye opener to what you can achieve if you take all of this with a pinch of salt.

besides, you have been kicked off Ciao almost as many times as me you old fart! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
badcompa

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 12:31

Angus wrote:
each to their own Art I guess.

Ciao became part of my life at one point, which looking back now, was really sad.

The three months I took away from all the review sites and forums was an eye opener to what you can achieve if you take all of this with a pinch of salt.

besides, you have been kicked off Ciao almost as many times as me you old fart! cheers

Yeah I guess I know what you mean as I once was to into it. It does take a grip on you but hey my friend I have been booted way more times than you............... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Turtlewi

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 15:19

It does eat a tragic amount of time, doesn't it? I'm without net access at home at the moment due to the move and it's amazing how much more I'm getting done with my life...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 15:26

You imagine what it was like for me with a 56K connection !!!
Back to top Go down
badcompa

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 15:51

Lol do you know I remember going to a mates house (ok I only have one mate) way back to see this modem he had. A fantastic 14k modem and he was one of the few to be on the world wide web. He went on a football scores site and by the time it loaded up the match was nearly over....Sorry off topic but jeeeez memories, am all sad now Sad
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 15:59

Aww !!! shame.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! EmptyThu 13 Apr 2006, 03:00

Louise90 wrote:
Why are people getting fedup with Ciao and wanting to leave?

People are getting fed up with the usual guestbook dramas, the usual problems which surface when trying to post a product proposal or search for a product ("not here try again later"), for new members, that still and apparent grey area of how to get around the site despite Ciao's standard help pages; endless problems Louise as you'll find on this site with the recent complaints, moans and discussions which at the end of the day is outlinning that Ciao have a big hornets nest on their hands and they dont want to call in Rentokil to get rid of the problem!

For me personally I think Ciao has taken a dive for the worst. Most of the people I used to read have disappeared, I think for example when T left many things started to surface - problems - even, and although its great to see new members coming on all the time with some brilliant reviews, its not the same. Its not the same without cream!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Woohoo I'm free! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo I'm free!   Woohoo I'm free! Empty

Back to top Go down

Woohoo I'm free!
Page 1 of 1