www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIVORCE STAR STYLE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

DIVORCE STAR STYLE Empty
PostSubject: DIVORCE STAR STYLE   DIVORCE STAR STYLE EmptyThu 25 May 2006, 19:48

I read an article on the paper about Paul McCartney and his Mrs. getting divorced and how lawyers say that she could win a fortune in a divorce settlement equal to One Million Pounds for each week of her marriage to him. What do others think of these massive settlements in the case of divorce of superstars ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

DIVORCE STAR STYLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIVORCE STAR STYLE   DIVORCE STAR STYLE EmptyThu 25 May 2006, 20:13

Following the case in the law lords this week any marriage is now a partnership with any assets earned during the marriage being split evenly as a starting point. If children are involved and as often happens these end up with the mother then that split will be more to the wife due to child mantenance.

It just enforces the idea that you should have a pre-nup stating whose assets are whose at the start of the relationship.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

DIVORCE STAR STYLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIVORCE STAR STYLE   DIVORCE STAR STYLE EmptyThu 25 May 2006, 21:24

I think it is an excellent starting point and cannot believe it wasnt legislation before,.

If a woman stays at home and gives up her career to raise children, which presumably are considered a blessing to the family, then why shouldnt assets be split accordingly, Her commitment to the marriage is as equal as the breadwinners.

And it goes both ways, obviously, if the husband is the one who sacrificed his career to stay at home, then the reverse should apply.

as for the McCartneys, I am sure a lot of what we have read so far is tabloid scandal. Surely people can come to an amicable arrangement?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

DIVORCE STAR STYLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIVORCE STAR STYLE   DIVORCE STAR STYLE EmptyThu 25 May 2006, 23:46

I'm considering marriage just so that I can get divorced and let someone walk away with a quarter of my overdraught.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

DIVORCE STAR STYLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIVORCE STAR STYLE   DIVORCE STAR STYLE Empty

Back to top Go down

DIVORCE STAR STYLE
Page 1 of 1