www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Decrease in Earnings

Go down 
+15
badcompany77
helencbradshaw
nicki_221987
christianfilmcritic
atticusuk
CareBear
rocknroll
Minnitee
liz1102
Thingywhatsit
marandina
berlioz
drewboy
WendyBull
lisa2062
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
christianfilmcritic

christianfilmcritic

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2006-07-08

Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 13:50

Well it seems like things are still on the decrease, whilst on Dooyoo this morning I saw my money drop by about 30p, but also the number of rates I've received dropped by a whopping 120?
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:36

There was another case today uncovered so there was rather a lot of reads and money lost. Mine went down by ovre a hundred reads too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:38

I must be lucky or something. None of these multiples seems to read me.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:40

My account went down today too, which is quite shocking as I also got a crown this morning!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 16:08

I only ever notice the pounds, never the pennies.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 14:52

Is this still happening - i am 99% sure I went down by 3p this morning
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 15:13

Every Monday Jared checks for fakers/abusers and kicks them off along with any miles accumulated by us!
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 08 Jan 2007, 13:58

WendyBull wrote:
Every Monday Jared checks for fakers/abusers and kicks them off along with any miles accumulated by us!

I wonder if there's some programm he's running to find them. Does he check every new rating given for its validity or is there a programme throwing up only members who consistently rate low?

I had a number of very low ratings over the weekend with silly comments that made it clear the person was a revenge rater - despite the newbie tag - who I must have ticked off either on dooyoo or Ciao. This morning the member is gone and I lost my 150 miles.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 08 Jan 2007, 14:02

I think there is a programme running but don't know the details of what it looks for. It covers all sorts of things I think, like rapid clicking, clicking only one person and so on.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 08 Jan 2007, 20:59

What's Jared doing about those members who have been locked out and are joining up under different names to continue posting reviews?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyMon 08 Jan 2007, 23:18

Traditionally they do nothing, I always thought it was some sort of rights of passage to get deleted and then return under a different name but to not change your writing style.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 10:57

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
What's Jared doing about those members who have been locked out and are joining up under different names to continue posting reviews?

I think he keeps an eye on them, depending on the severity of the reasons they were locked out to begin with. It's not something we are really that privvy to. If you know of any that are currently posting that have just re-invented themselves please pm me and I will report to Jared to make sure he is aware of them - thanks.

Last edited by on Tue 09 Jan 2007, 11:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 11:11

Sorry Wendy, that can't be posted here, but by all means message if you want that information. From correspondence I have with dooyoo, I believe Jared to be aware of returning members.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 11:11

fair enough, no probs. x
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 18:52

I can confirm that Jared is aware of certain returning members and they are being kept a close eye on. As for dropping miles, yes, they will continue to drop for as long as people see fit to try and abuse the system. It's one area where the powers that be seem to be focussing. Alas, for the majority of users, their focus is going to appear too narrow and too disruptive, but then that's opinion sites for you. WIthout the users they would be nothing, yet as users we have to remember that they are not our sites!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 00:30

That is just ridiculous, scratch if they are going to be allowed to return what is the point of kicking them off in the first place apart from confiscating any miles that they have earned. They could achieve the same effect by deleting the miles in their account without deleting the user name they could even take them to a negative as a penalty and then actively bar any attempt to open a new account. Just makes it seem even more like a cost cutting exercise with all members sufferring rather than any real desire to get rid of the cheats.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 01:05

I agree completely with Richard on this one, especially seeing as it's not only these users who are under investigation who are losing out in miles.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 01:49

it is impossible for dooyoo to ban returning members really..new email addresses, new ip etc...what can they do? They know who they need to watch and they watch...but there can be no guarantees.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 02:10

In the main, I'd agree with you Helen. Some members are easier to spot than others, though and if investigations are still ongoing regarding their accounts or if they've been removed for fraud, I don't think it sends out a good signal to the members that they're allowed to be active again, especially when the "law-abiding" members are losing miles on a weekly basis.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 10:17

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
I agree completely with Richard on this one, especially seeing as it's not only these users who are under investigation who are losing out in miles.

I too kind of agree, however I do think it right that we also have the miles deducted as often these people are just rating to be noticed and doing lots of it. Dooyoo can stop cheques & voucher codes but won't stop those of innocent users who have cashed out.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 23:54

I would still like to see them get a minus figure on their miles sort of like working off a sentence before they get back to credit or a block on receiving the miles for any crowns earned.

They would still have the option of opening a new account I guess but they may decide to work off the penalty to keep the number of people who read their reviews already rather than trying to build up a new following.

I noticed suddenly yesterday a new member who has been active and posted 15 good reviews and suddenly reading one the other day I recognised the style as that of a much banned member, might not be one of the same but it seemed to close for comfort.

Usually when I see a new member writing good reviews I just assume that they have come across from Ciao however now it seems that it is just as possible that they are a banned member making a return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decrease in Earnings   Decrease in Earnings - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Decrease in Earnings
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5