www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skivers made to work

Go down 
+5
spoilt_little_brat
dabmim
WormThatTurned
Thingywhatsit
fizzywizzy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

Skivers made to work - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 13:44

You say the father did not support her, this suggests they were not living together or a stable couple.

I know everyone thinks different but to me unless you are in a situation where you can bring up a baby you shouldn't be taking the risk.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 15:00

But that is making a value judgement on who is a "deserving" mother.

A woman could be 15, 25 , 35 or 45 and fall pregnant and find the man she thought would support her runs off.

Plus there are lots of middle income families with two parents who are relying on tAX breaks to bring up their kids. As someone with no kids I could argue by the same token that THESE parents did not get stable i.e adequate home, savings etc, and earn sufficient income either. It's the same thing, people with kids who cannot afford them....So what is the difference if someone is only 18 or whatever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 15:37

Lunah_c wrote:
You say the father did not support her, this suggests they were not living together or a stable couple.

I know everyone thinks different but to me unless you are in a situation where you can bring up a baby you shouldn't be taking the risk.

But the point is, she didn't KNOW she was talking a risk. And thankfully, she couldn't go through with an abortion and has done the best she can - and done bloody well.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 15:44

Quote :

This really is where the grey area lies. Who knows at the time they get pregnant that circumstances may mean that the people involved will have changes in their lives that mean they need help ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 16:57

You don't but normally if you have been with someone a while then you will have an idea if they would do a runner or not.

And when having sex you are taking a risk of getting pg, so it has nothing to do with antibiotics. I have four children and yet was on the pill with all of them, so assumed I was safe.

But i was and still am happily married so it was not a major thing.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 17:01

Sorry mis read what you put Rachel. I meant risk of falling pregnant.

My circumstances have greatly changed since the kids came along, not that they were planned anyway, but I would not have dreamt of sleeping with someone (and therfore taking a risk IMO)until I was in a relationship I felt was going to last.

I'm not saying eveyone has to live like that and most would probably disagree but it was the theory our Grandparents lived by and worked for them. With a few exceptions of course.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 19:51

Quote :
My circumstances have greatly changed since the kids came along, not that they were planned anyway, but I would not have dreamt of sleeping with someone (and therfore taking a risk IMO)until I was in a relationship I felt was going to last.

Nor me, though I was born in a different age. Trouble is that there are circumstances where the girl believes the relationship to be secure, and then finds its not.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 22:39

That is the problem. However for me I would go that step further and be married too. And although that is still no guarantee I would have at least tried my best.

But of course everyone has to make their own choices in life and then face the results after whether good or bad.

Since none of us can see into the future this is the best we can do.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2006, 22:40

Oh, and I don't htink you need to be old or older just to have that view Rachel. What is wrong with having good old morals?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skivers made to work   Skivers made to work - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skivers made to work
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3