www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IS ANYONE HOME ?

Go down 
+12
WendyBull
liz1102
SaschaT
Ciao's Favourite Member
Mauri
CareBear
atticusuk
berlioz
rocknroll
kelr101
Stunt_101
Thingywhatsit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 19:23

Just wondered if dooyoo staff are in today, as there appear to be no crowns (although I may be wrong) and it seems that reported members are still on the site which is unusual.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 19:24

No, there's still no crowns.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 19:48

Guides page has been down for days too
Back to top Go down
rocknroll

rocknroll

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2006-08-04

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 20:00

I did email jared but no response yet
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 20:29

The eerie moment of silence lingers among the ghosts of the departed...
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:17

Add to all of the above the fact that suggestions are not being added, no guide vacancies are being sorted out and it would appear that they are in a bit of a mess for some reason or other. Perhaps Ciao have invaded.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:21

Agh ! whats a couple of days between friends ?
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:25

I wonder what's going on
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:29

I wouldn't be that concerned. Worse things have happened, and we are only talking about a two day period, and sometimes the faults on ciao go on for weeks. At the end of the day, things get resolved.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:31

I hope they do get solved, i want to submit a review!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:31

What is stopping you ? I posted one.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:32

It's just that i always do reviews after crowns have been given out
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:34

It would make no difference to crowns at all, in fact it may even get one. I had one I posted one week that got one the same day as it was posted because they gave the crowns out late. If its crownworthy it doesn't matter when you post it.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:35

Okay then, i think i'll post it right NOW!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:36

I never see what the big deal is about waiting for crowns before posting. If it has the same value as other crownworthy ones it will get one. If it doesn't try harder next time.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:42

Must admit I'm holding back suggestions in books until they have sorted out some guides for the category and will not post any reviews in that one or any other unguided categories until they do.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:43

Quote :
Must admit I'm holding back suggestions in books until they have sorted out some guides for the category and will not post any reviews in that one or any other unguided categories until they do.

But surely unguided categories are being looked at by someone ?
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:49

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Quote :

But surely unguided categories are being looked at by someone ?

I would of thought that as well, i'm sure someone is keeping an eye on suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:53

Thats not what he said. He gave the impression that he did not want to post in unguided categories.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyTue 30 Jan 2007, 21:55

Oh, well i'm sure there's somone looking at un-guided suggestions.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 11:00

All guides should be keeping an eye on the "non-guided" categories when they have a moment and Jarad has told us before that he also looks so there really should be no reason why you avoid the categories... in fact, you might even stand a better chance of a crown in some of them cos there are more guides making an effort!

There is a risk that the odd op might be missed but, if you're really concerned (and I hope I don't make a rod for my back by saying this (and I'll stop if it gets out of hand)) AND a couple of guides have not read and rated an op that you really really think should have had a crown let me know and I'll try to take a look. I won't guarantee a nomination, and, as I say, if I get too many requests then I won't keep doing it (particularly if the ops that the requests relate to are really not outstanding!) - I guess, in keeping with this month's avatar:

DON'T CRY WOLF!
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 12:35

CareBear wrote:
All guides should be keeping an eye on the "non-guided" categories when they have a moment and Jarad has told us before that he also looks so there really should be no reason why you avoid the categories... in fact, you might even stand a better chance of a crown in some of them cos there are more guides making an effort!

There is a risk that the odd op might be missed but, if you're really concerned (and I hope I don't make a rod for my back by saying this (and I'll stop if it gets out of hand)) AND a couple of guides have not read and rated an op that you really really think should have had a crown let me know and I'll try to take a look. I won't guarantee a nomination, and, as I say, if I get too many requests then I won't keep doing it (particularly if the ops that the requests relate to are really not outstanding!) - I guess, in keeping with this month's avatar:

DON'T CRY WOLF!

I'm still reading and rating as normal and I always keep an eye out for my old category (Books) so no reviews should be missed hopefully.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 13:08

Exactly. I really don't think that there should be a crowns issue at all.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 13:36

CareBear wrote:
DON'T CRY WOLF!

*cowers in fear*
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? EmptyWed 31 Jan 2007, 20:06

There's still no crowns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE HOME ?   IS ANYONE HOME ? Empty

Back to top Go down

IS ANYONE HOME ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next