www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone missing a profile picture?

Go down 
+5
koshkha
scream4bruce
atticusuk
lisa2062
Ciao's Favourite Member
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Anyone missing a profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 18:02

Just noticed that mine's gone.

Am not sure if it's yet another Ciao glitch or yet more harassment by the Ciao Abuse team. I'll find out no doubt when I get home and access my GMail account.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 19:08

Have you been a naughty boy again, lol? Just checked mine and it's there at present. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 19:14

Someone's been naughty, but it's not me! Wink

Still dunno if it's a tech error or if someone's complained (again) that my picture breaks Ciao's T&Cs...

It'll be interesting if it's the latter cos Ciao still haven't got back to me about my complaint about their treatment when *she who will not be named* reported me to Ciao last time.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 19:24

Are you naked in the picture or something, lol? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 20:56

Ciao wrote:
Hello TheDuke,

We have removed your picture because as it was offensive
and didn't show
your face.

You can read more in http://www.ciao.co.uk/help.php

Kind
regards,

Ciao UK
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 20:58

.....but your picture has been like that for ages, why bring it up now? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:06

Because someone's reported me for being offensive. Again.

And Ciao have acted before having a chat with me. Again.

And my opinion of the "Ciao Community" as a whole goes down. Again.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:17

Anyone missing a profile picture? 2532044

Anyone missing a profile picture? 6679385

Anyone missing a profile picture? 11248377

Anyone missing a profile picture? 45349

Anyone missing a profile picture? 9569515

Anyone missing a profile picture? 1479620

Anyone missing a profile picture? 13410608

Ooooh, look. In 30 seconds of refreshing the front page, look at all these profile pictures where the member's face is obscured or not clear.

Honestly, Ciao are muppets.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:20

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Ciao wrote:
Hello TheDuke,

We have removed your picture because as it was offensive
and didn't show
your face.

Kind
regards,

Ciao UK

Personally I would have thought that this would be an advantage and should also apply to many other members of the site who would be much better covering their faces. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:24

Hey! I'm lush!

There are some munters though.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:43

See I don't understand how they let someone use a picture of Jimmy Carr. Also there have been a handful of members who used the picture of the old woman in the example!
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:47

That's always been an issue with Ciao Abuse (and those that do the petty reporting).

When Abuse got in contact a while back about my supposed "advertising" in my "About Me", my reply to them listed 30 members that were doing exactly the same thing - many of them being much more active and prominent around the site than myself.

This is no exception (except I've not listed 30 members... I've just had a good rant at them for being muppets). But yes, you can point out any number of members breaking any number of rules... if you're unreasonable enough.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 23:58

I suspect that if you wore a balaclava and came from anywhere other than Belfast you'd have a better chance of getting away with it.

Or if you always smiled and gave out VH's - that might help too.

Personally I think they are on dodgy ground - anyone else hear about the prosecution of myspace in the USA over the rape of 5 girls who were targetted through the website? Surely there's a case for saying a little bit of anonymity is a good thing in your pictures.

My mum walked in when I was online and saw my ciao photo and asked who it was. That's why I use it. And I'd say you have about as much chance of recognising me in the street as you have of spotting Aaron!
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 01:10

Abuse are getting sillier by the minute. I had a look on the page for uploading pictures and it clearly states that:

Quote :
Offensive pictures, comics as well as photos of children, pictures with
more than one person or celebrities will not be accepted.

There are plenty of photos on the site with more than one person and children.

If they had a good look though the member photos and applied their own rules they'd have to remove at least half of them.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 02:12

koshkha wrote:
I suspect that if you wore a balaclava and came from anywhere other than Belfast you'd have a better chance of getting away with it.

Forgive me for being dumb, but why? I am confused.

koshkha wrote:
Personally I think they are on dodgy ground - anyone else hear about the prosecution of myspace in the USA over the rape of 5 girls who were targetted through the website? Surely there's a case for saying a little bit of anonymity is a good thing in your pictures.

My mum walked in when I was online and saw my ciao photo and asked who it was. That's why I use it. And I'd say you have about as much chance of recognising me in the street as you have of spotting Aaron!

Well, that's always been a part of it, to be honest. It was the reason that photo was selected in the first place and I've been careful never to give away too much about myself on Ciao or Dooyoo., so much so that I was voted "Most Enigmatic" for a couple of years in the Ciao Awards Wink
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 02:18

Good grief, I leave ciao for a day and this happens ! Whatever next.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 02:32

What happened to the Ciao awards?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 02:33

The member who did them is either inactive or no longer a member.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 02:38

Think she still is. They got delayed at one time because there were too many X factor challenges about and they wanted them to die down a bit.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptySat 10 Feb 2007, 11:38

Still *Bad word* myself at the thought that they have awards.

Who is the holder of the ass kissing award currently?

Most banal message in a guestbook?

Greatest number of overall abuse reports submitted?

Greatest number of abuse reports about Aaron (likely to be the same as the overall champ)

Greatest number of abuse reports received? We all know the answer to that one.

Fluffiest review of the year.

The list is endless.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyThu 08 Mar 2007, 20:57

A response from Ciao!

Ciao UK wrote:
The reason we removed your picture was that we have received several complains from users saying that your photo was very offensive. Some of them were terrorism victims and every time they saw your picture reminded them of terrorism.

So how many terrorism victims do you know on Ciao then?
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyThu 08 Mar 2007, 21:18

I can't believe people give terrorism as a reason to get your picture banned. I was in the flat when I was burgled and the guy was wearing a balaclava and threatened me with a knife. I didn't find your pic offensive at all, if anything it made me laugh every time I saw it. If you'd held a granade in your hand or a machine gun I possibly would have thought different but no, not offensive.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyThu 08 Mar 2007, 21:20

I thought you looked pretty scary but am not a terrorist victim
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyThu 08 Mar 2007, 22:02

A response from Ciao!

Ciao UK wrote:
The reason we removed your picture was that we have received several complains from users saying that your photo was very offensive. Some of them were terrorism victims and every time they saw your picture reminded them of terrorism.
FFS

So how many terrorism victims do you know on Ciao then?

Answer: NONE! (Or we would have read about it.....)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? EmptyThu 08 Mar 2007, 22:12

Actually, Helen, you know one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone missing a profile picture?   Anyone missing a profile picture? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone missing a profile picture?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next