www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many articles do you rate?

Go down 
+3
Mauri
dididave
dream-girl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dream-girl

dream-girl

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-02

How many articles do you rate? Empty
PostSubject: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 09:26

Generally speaking how many articles do you rate after you submit a new article? Do you occassionally log on and just rate articles while trying to come up with an idea of something to write on?

I generally rate around 10 sometimes 20 after I submit a new article. And I often just rate a bunch while trying to decide what I want to write about.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 14:12

About twenty or so, unless I get stuck in a loop of rating the same cacky articles. Worst review yet...Topic: Who is the biggest email provider and why? Review: MSN Hotmail....that was it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 14:49

Not having a choice in what you rate is the biggest problem of this site for me at least.
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 23:30

I agree mauri. I figure I will rate a lot more when I actually get to rate articles that interest me. The past couple days have been better in that area also tho.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2007, 00:33

I did a lot at the start - more than enough to carry me through until a better rating system (re: choice) is implemented proving I don't post every day.

I think I'm something like over 50 reads per article submitted, at a guess.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2007, 01:55

Quote :
About twenty or so, unless I get stuck in a loop of rating the same cacky articles. Worst review yet...Topic: Who is the biggest email provider and why? Review: MSN Hotmail....that was it

Hope you flagged it.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
SaschaT

SaschaT

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 20:51

I completely refuse to rate. You don't get anything for it.

Helium is arguing that it's important to get topics sorted by quality - and yes, I agree, it's important for their reputation and credibility (hence for their revenue). But why should I do the work for them without getting anything back from it?

Ranking ist secondary to earning. If you have an article on rank 1 it might help your ego, but not your account balance. My best earners are ranked quite low. The key to increase earnings is not rating (that only keeps you from posting), but to write on topics which are looked for in search engines and advertise your articles by linking them in as many places as you can (before they block you for spamming Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptyThu 15 Feb 2007, 21:03

Correctamundo.

Plus, I still can't figure out exactly what it is Helium is trying to be.

They want quality, but it's not quality that's rewarded.

They want raters, but raters aren't rewarded.

etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Harry Batt

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? EmptySat 15 Sep 2007, 05:33

Choices would be a motivation to rate more. As it is the number of passes would amount to having a choice if you could pass on 30 instead of only 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many articles do you rate?   How many articles do you rate? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many articles do you rate?
Page 1 of 1