www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

What do you think is the criteria for a front page article? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?   What do you think is the criteria for a front page article? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 13:52

The subject says it all...
Back to top Go down
dream-girl

dream-girl

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?   What do you think is the criteria for a front page article? EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 19:52

I don't really know. But I finally had one on the front page. Made a jump in my pennies from $14.21 to $15.99. I found an error in grammar and a misspelled word in it. They were about 1/2 way down in the article. So I guess they don't have to be perfect.
Back to top Go down
KMello

KMello

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?   What do you think is the criteria for a front page article? EmptyThu 10 May 2007, 00:02

First and foremost, a front pager should reflect the title in content. The more engaging to the reader, the better. Then, of course, comes spelling and grammar. Articles which embrace all these elements should then strive to provide something unique to the title, which sets it above all others in its category. And THAT is an article that is deserving of the front page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/user/show/58594, http://members.dooyoo.co.
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?   What do you think is the criteria for a front page article? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 20:11

Is there a criteria? Ranking certainly does not seem to be a consideration. I would have thought any review that addresses in a balanced and considered way the topic at hand should be eligible. The quality of front page articles varies wildly at times so I can only presume there is a randomness to it or that certain categories have particularly weak content.

I know my one front page article was nowhere near my best but perhaps was my most accurate in terms of addressing the title.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?   What do you think is the criteria for a front page article? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the criteria for a front page article?
Page 1 of 1