www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Community Newsletter

Go down 
+6
The Polar One
lisa2062
Ciao's Favourite Member
Minnitee
Thingywhatsit
Averilla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Community Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 14:00

The Newsletter's out and you would have though Ciao would have used this opportunity to redeem themselves somewhat by making a statement about the problems and if and when they were likely to be fixed...just a short few lines of apology would have sufficed......but not a dicky bird.

Instead they are pushing the video comp and the mailbag letter just made me laugh to be honest.....surely they must have hundreds of letters in their mailbag regarding the bugs and this would be the ideal place to maybe have published one of those with some sort of respone !!!!!

It's completely laughable really !!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 14:27

Did you see the article about censorship on there ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 14:49

I never get the community newsletter do you have to opt in to get it or do they automatically send it?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 15:16

You have to opt-in, but there's a link to an HTML on the site somewhere.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/specials/newsletter200703
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 15:30

Thanks for the link, don't think I'll opt in after all. What a load of tosh.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 15:35

It just makes them look stupid.

They're trying to project this nice member focussed community thing, but freely admit to deleting members reviews without informing them. They show a list of pictures not allowed on the site and yet ignore the hundreds of current profile pictures that break the quoted rules that they've already allowed on the site.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 15:45

Maybe we should send a list of member pictures to them that also fall into the same category - and pester them until they react.

I'm still reeling from the shock seeing the diamonds descibed as: outstanding quality.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 16:50

Ciao apologise for their incompetence? Crikey there goes those flying pigs again right by my window Smile. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 16:52

Ah, so that's why I don't bother reading that thing.

I actually had a good idea for a video review but I doubt they'd allow it because I wouldn't show my face in it. It's in their T&Cs. I guess it's their loss.
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 19:11

I couldn't believe that they didn't even mention all their technical problems and their general incompetance. It's tempting to use that nice little link at the bottom to give them a feedback review but I figure that they should know by now that if a company wants feedback, they ought to pay for it. They made it a non-paying category so they can go whistle for any free advice which they wouldn't take even if it were given.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 19:20

The Polar One wrote:
I actually had a good idea for a video review but I doubt they'd allow it because I wouldn't show my face in it. It's in their T&Cs. I guess it's their loss.

You don't have to show your face in the video, some people didn't.
Back to top Go down
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 21:02

scream4bruce wrote:
You don't have to show your face in the video, some people didn't.
Really? I swear I read it in the T&Cs, but Ciao isn't always that consistent.

I wonder what they'd say if I wore a balaclava. Wink

I might give my idea a go then. A big maybe for now.
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 22:05

You probably have to show some part of your body, like your hands. Smile

It's tempting to give it a go for the money...
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 06:14

Its ironic of them sending me the letter AFTER I leave the site lol. Must admit though I never did think their video comp/review thing would ever take off. Theres a review website based in the U.S which already is using video only reviews which are a mixed blessing.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 18:52

I was hoping it never took off, but there have been some entries since the annoucement. If only they can get rid of that section and fix up Ciao instead. I can only dream.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 19:25

I expect they are spending all their time making video reviews work on the site instead of fixing the day to day problems of little things like disappearing reviews, constantly fluctuating points and general user dissatisfaction.
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 19:31

Nothing much different from the last Newsletter:

Some members have been asked to replace their member profile pictures (29th_Candidate) was one.

Since video reviews are rather memory intensive, does anyone think they might be part of the current problem? I read a very informative review on Ciao! once about us using up the internet . . . don't think it is findable now the member has left Ciao! though . . .

The Flash ads sometimes make my IE windows crash . . .

Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 19:46

That was my April Fools review !! I got people emptying their message books cos they thought the internet would die with so much stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
jesi

jesi

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 20:05

Thingywhatsit wrote:
That was my April Fools review !! I got people emptying their message books cos they thought the internet would die with so much stuff out there.

Yet, many a true saying has been said "in jest" ~ people are frantically emptying their guestbooks now ~ only to find deleted comments return (at random, of course) everytime they re-visit . . .

It makes you think . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Newsletter   Community Newsletter Empty

Back to top Go down

Community Newsletter
Page 1 of 1