www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much do you pay for games?

Go down 
+3
Ciao's Favourite Member
Stunt_101
Tom_Clare
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

How much do you pay for games? Empty
PostSubject: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 13:46

I was just wondering how much people tend to pay for games these days (console or PC), and where you buy them from?

Amazon's marketplace is the place I almost always go (as well as occasionally eBay and play.com) as you can get titles amazingly cheap new and used (have bought a few new for less than £3.50 including p&p).

I think the most I've ever spent on a single game is £27 (it wasn't worth it lol), but very rarely go over £10 these days. It's ironic that many of those complaining the PS3's price is too high are ones who are willing to buy a raft of games at £40-50 each. Surprised Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 17:27

Well if its a new game that i really want, i'll pay anything. If not, i'll spend about £10-15. I definately don't pay £29.99 for a game like The Bouncer off amazon. I think the msot i've spent is £29.99 which was for God of War II. Well worth it though.

Last edited by on Tue 17 Jul 2007, 18:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 17:30

I think the most I've paid for a game is about £25.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 19:21

I wouldn't pay anymore than about £25 for a game, but usually It's under £15. I'm certainly not prepared to pay £40-£50 for next gen consoles, that's why I'm getting as PS2 from the sale at Boots which is £50 I believe. I know I can get lots of cheap games for that so that'll do me. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 19:36

I know it's like you can get Marvel:Ultimate Alliance on the PS2 for £18 but on the 360 or PS3 it costs £30.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 21:04

Tend to wait for them to go budget nowadays, especially on PC were the top games reduce in price rapidly when their sequels are in the offing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyWed 18 Jul 2007, 17:31

The most I've spent I believe is £50 on a SNES game which was bundled with a Nintendo Power guide. Smile

I don't regret buying that but I once paid £45 for this PS game, which came with a free (supposedly) red third-party card, and the game turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments for me. Since then I've resorted to buying on the cheap and I'm still making up for it...

I don't care too much about the new consoles so GameStation is my preferred place to shop (NES and SNES games yay) twenty is perhaps the most I would be willing to part for a game.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 22:45

I'll pay anything from a fiver to £30 (anything below, from my past experience means it is crap). I have reached £40 on some games though, and will consider going to £50 for one or two games but no more. I think one or two coming out soo have an RRP of £70. Scary.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 23:44

dididave wrote:
Tend to wait for them to go budget nowadays, especially on PC were the top games reduce in price rapidly when their sequels are in the offing.

Deffo. The only games I buy nearly immediately are the A-list first person shooters or the latest GTA, but even getting them from Amazon or Play means you're never paying more than twenty five of your English pounds.

Everything else is a year or two old and can be picked up cheap in sales, budget labels and game do nice 2 for £20 bargains every now and again.
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyFri 20 Jul 2007, 00:54

butters wrote:
I'll pay anything from a fiver to £30 (anything below, from my past experience means it is crap).

Not always though - I got TimeSplitters 3 and Viewtiful Joe for less a fiver new off play.com in the past.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? EmptyFri 20 Jul 2007, 08:44

And i got Sudeki for £1.80 and thats a great game. Also, there's Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox, The Bouncer and more all of which i got in the £1 range and are all enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do you pay for games?   How much do you pay for games? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much do you pay for games?
Page 1 of 1