www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO

Go down 
+4
drewboy
atticusuk
steerpyke
Thingywhatsit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO Empty
PostSubject: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 11:47

Was wondering. These are both review sites, but the differences seem to stem from one being community based and one being a review site without the frills. On ciao there is so much mischief but rating the same number of reviews on dooyoo, I don't find this. Yes to the odd copier, but none of the personal vendettas that seem to go on on ciao. What are your views on it ? Is dooyoo a safer site ? Do they have better control over members coming back to create havoc ? What is it that is different ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 13:23

One of the big differences obviously is the guest book set up on Ciao. This allows people to read a review and if it sparks any bad ideas in their mind they have a direct way to have a dig at the writer. The more anonymous way that dooyoo operates may lose some of the community spirit but with it it pretty much eradicates the childish potential for abuse. With the Ciao community aspect you let yourself open to the idiot element. I'm not saying one is better than the other, as you know , like many people i post on both, but I'm saying that with the chatty aspect you let yourself open to potential problems, which normally are only a problem if you allow yourself to be sensetive to it. I have never had any personal attacks on dooyoo or for that matter epinions, which runs a non-guest book site. Thats my two-penny's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyTue 04 Apr 2006, 11:19

Apart from the copied reviews on Ciao I have not really eperienced too much hassle on the site and I think the copying stems from the fact that Ciao is the better advertised and therefore gets new members who think they can get away from it while a lot of Dooyoo membership started on Ciao and then moved n for somewhere to cross post before realising that it has a better reard structure.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyWed 05 Apr 2006, 01:03

guest books.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 20:27

Yep I agree with steerpyke et al; its definately the guestbooks which are a fault there PLUS the statistics which allow all members to read the comments written and received on other members' reviews.
Back to top Go down
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-05-16

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 01:03

Yeah, gbs, private gbs and stats, as well as the competitive psychological ploy of community points and 'most read' lists makee mischief on ciao.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bensite.co.uk
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyMon 22 May 2006, 21:20

I don't believe people should have access to your stastics, as they should rate a review on how helpful they think it is. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
garleon

garleon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyThu 15 Jun 2006, 22:56

As someone who is erratic in both communites I find that both have their strengths and weaknessessessess. Ciao pays crap for ratings but the community there can be brilliant. I know a lot of folk who don't expect you to read everything they write. Just because someone writes something, doesn't mean it is interesting or relevant to me.....however, I do still tend to read reviews on the strangest of sybjects. Dooyoo looks more amatuer, but pays a lot better. The lack of guest book can be a great thing. However a lot of comments on reviews have personal messages in them which kind of defeats the purpose. Imagine you were a non member looking for info on an iron and one comment says "great review and yes I do think you should go out with him". But hey, at the end of the day, I have more than one pair of boxer shorts, so why not have more than one site I write reviews on?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO EmptyThu 15 Jun 2006, 23:07

Quote :
Dooyoo looks more amatuer, but pays a lot better. The lack of guest book can be a great thing. However a lot of comments on reviews have personal messages in them which kind of defeats the purpose

I think dooyoo tolerate the comments because they prefer that to a guestbook, and a little tolerance works.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO   HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW COME THERE IS MORE MISCHIEF AT CIAO THAN DOOYOO
Page 1 of 1