www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reviews that use quotes.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Reviews that use quotes. Empty
PostSubject: Reviews that use quotes.   Reviews that use quotes. EmptyFri 14 Jul 2006, 08:46

I just read something interesting on dooyoo which I didn't know. It doesn't really apply to me, but it may to others.

Ensure that your review contains at least 75 words of your own opinion. Reviewss of 150 words or less tend to be closely scrutinised and stand a good chance of being rejected unless covering the ground very concisely. If you quote, please state the source - quoted material does not count towards the minimum word count.

If quoted material does not count towards the word count, how do dooyoo differentiate ? and what does it mean about being rejected ? Just wondered, as many short reviews say very little.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Jill Murphy

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Reviews that use quotes.   Reviews that use quotes. EmptyFri 14 Jul 2006, 14:54

Quote :
Reviewss of 150 words or less tend to be closely scrutinised and stand a good chance of being rejected unless covering the ground very concisely.

That's been there since the site began and they had category managers who had to "pass" each review before it earned the money for posting - yes, back in 2000 we got 5p a read AND 10p for posting. For a while, it was 15p a read and 30p for posting. They used to "lock" substandard reviews. They haven't done that since 2001, so I wouldn't worry about it Rachel.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Reviews that use quotes.   Reviews that use quotes. EmptyFri 14 Jul 2006, 14:57

Curiosity I guess, no more than that, but by goodness you must have been earning back then !
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Reviews that use quotes.   Reviews that use quotes. EmptyFri 14 Jul 2006, 15:47

Jill Murphy wrote:
Quote :
Reviewss of 150 words or less tend to be closely scrutinised and stand a good chance of being rejected unless covering the ground very concisely.

That's been there since the site began and they had category managers who had to "pass" each review before it earned the money for posting - yes, back in 2000 we got 5p a read AND 10p for posting. For a while, it was 15p a read and 30p for posting. They used to "lock" substandard reviews. They haven't done that since 2001, so I wouldn't worry about it Rachel.

I think the idea of locking reviews that don't meet a minimum requirement is not a bad idea but obviously is labour intensive and is the sort of thing that could create real hostility. Imagine how much stick those people weilding that decision making power would get, there would be contracts out on them in no time.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews that use quotes.   Reviews that use quotes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews that use quotes.
Page 1 of 1