www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews Empty
PostSubject: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyTue 19 Sep 2006, 20:05

I'm sick of all these stupid lipotrim postings. Why do I read them then? I guess I enjoy improving the percentage of NU ratings that I get to hand out.

Seriously though, can the guides help us on this? Would it be possible to get Dooyoo to remove Lipotrim as a category?If it wasn't listed, people couldn't post these crappy non-reviews.

Or is that censorship? SHould I just ignore them instead?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyTue 19 Sep 2006, 20:12

Not sure if they would remove them or not, as they technically would be useful if the star ratings were reflective of the product success and therefore were not written within three hours of starting the program...

It is rather odd that they all flock to Dooyoo isn't it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyTue 19 Sep 2006, 21:51

I agree Debbie, that they probably shouldn't be removed (because I think the star ratings will paint their own picture and a quantity of reviews on a topic on Dooyoo or Ciao is a rare thing indeed)

However, unlike the normal trends that you mention in Speakers Forum (typically enthusiastic members who want something new to write about) the writers of lipotrim reviews are never regular writers, it is simply a very large number of people who have only put their own weight loss success, very little else and are using it as a forum for encouragement for each other, when in fact a forum site along these lines would be more suitable, and is what many of them alluded too. Very few actually make mention of the product. Curiosity got me in the end and I researched it myself, away from Dooyoo..!

They probably do search for Lipotrim and hit Dooyoo first..and don't investigate any further.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyTue 19 Sep 2006, 22:37

Dooyoo are not going to remove it. There policy is just because there are a number of shit reviews, does not mean that someone cannot write a good one.

NB: I may be paraphrasing dooyoo somewhat Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Newfloridian

Newfloridian

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyThu 21 Sep 2006, 14:51

Hey! I wrote a review on an American product last month on CIAO that probably falls into the same stable as this - and won a diamond for it!! I have had a glance at the dooyoo category and there are some reviews there which are undoubtably worthwhile. This is a multi-million dollar industry worldwide which tends to prey on individual's frailties. I think experiences and concerns should be shared as widely as possible.
Cheers - Alan
Back to top Go down
http://www.craxford-family.co.uk
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyThu 21 Sep 2006, 16:58

i think the original point being made was the volume of "non" reviews.

People start lipotrim at 7am, and by 10am they want someone to talk to, they come on line really wanting some kind of forum (like this - one assumes!) and keep hitting Dooyoo. It is a pretty unique situation for any product, it isn't the same pattern of behaviour as existing members seeing a review and thinking "oh I could say something on that" and we get a little cluster of reviews, for example the TV licence fee at the moment, etc.

I am not saying they should be removed I have always said quantity (i.e. a spread of opinion judged by the star rating) is far more important in consumer decision making than quality indeed for someone who is interested in lipotrim they still might add some value to deciding to do the program but most contain very little information other than words of encouragement or despair! (A bit like me on Weight Watchers on Thursdays really when I starve myself all day so I can weigh in!)

We all know we don't have to read them if they don't want to (well except the cat guide!)
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptyThu 21 Sep 2006, 19:14

sirg0508 wrote:
helencbradshaw wrote:
(A bit like me on Weight Watchers on Thursdays really when I starve myself all day so I can weigh in!)

Try a morning class - you weigh less then Wink

D Smile

Yes! I have tried that one before too!

Funny thing is on a Thursday night, as Day 7 is Over and Day 1 has not begun then I like to enjoy a glass of Sauvignon...or two! Night I joined we couldnt stay for meeting as I was going to the pub for dinner (well it was hubby's b'day!)

Kidding no one but myself, I know..
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews EmptySun 08 Oct 2006, 15:12

Well my obsession with these stupid Lipotrim reviews caught up with me this week. Someone who's just had her first weigh in and wanted to tell the Lipotrim world that she's lost half a stone decided to join and post a typical non-review.

When I pointed out that it wasn't a review, I got a NU on what was at that time my latest review. She clearly couldn't see what my review had to do with Lipotrim - indicating as helen suggested above that they really do think that dooyoo is a lipotrim forum.

I was really impressed at the speed of dooyoo's reaction when I reported this as a vindictive rate and it was gone within just a few hours.

I really wish the morons that run this diet programme or sell this product (to date, I still don't know what it is) would start a forum of their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews   Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Lipotrim reviews - or rather non-reviews
Page 1 of 1